Pedalboard Mounting the GT22

Michael Scarabino

Hey everyone! I'm looking to accomplish a new way of mounting my MMGT 22 to my pedalboard. In the past I've used 4 strips of velcro to fasten the GT to my board. I use a fly rack flat board. The thing is, I despise putting velcro on devices. If I ever want to just pick up the controller and work on it more closely, I'd have to rip it off my board, not a fan of that.

I was thinking of implementing a system where I can somehow mount locking bolts of some kind on my flat board, and mount 4 connector bolts on the bottom of the GT. So I wanted to bring this up to try and brainstorm the best idea. Has anyone ever tried something like this before? If so, what did you do?

I know that some have just removed the rubber feet from the bottom, drilled holes in the pedalboard that aligned with the mounting holes for those feet, then ran screws up from the bottom of the board. The holes in the GT have 8-32 threads. You just have to watch the length of the screws you use so they don't bump into anything inside.

I'm actually happy to hear you endorse that idea! I was going to do exactly that. Thanks for the info on the feet. This will be great when it's all done!

I know that some have just removed the rubber feet from the bottom, drilled holes in the pedalboard that aligned with the mounting holes for those feet, then ran screws up from the bottom of the board. The holes in the GT have 8-32 threads. You just have to watch the length of the screws you use so they don't bump into anything inside.
Quick question Ron, what would be the max length that a screw can enter the GT before it causes issues?

Use 8-32 machine screws, that will match up with the threads the GT already has. You'll need to drill holes in the pedalboard to match holes in the GT. You can use the GT's bottom as a template to mark the holes.

Back