Pigtronix Infinity Looper

I had to return two different pigtronix infinity due to it not recognizing many of the midi commands from either pbc or ableton. I went through quite a bit with pigtronix support but couldnt get it to work. Im using a ditto x4 now which seems to work with the pbc pretty well.

Hello,
I have very hard time making the infinity works with the mastermind (LT but I guess it is the same editor with the PBC). Could you please tell me how you edit your presets ?
I would like to launch a pre-recorded loop in a preset. The PC message choose the right preset but I can't launch the loop...
Thanks

Capture d’écran 2018-01-31 à 17.59.16.png Capture d’écran 2018-01-31 à 17.59.44.png

Well, after many messages with rjm and Pigtronix, there's nothing I can do. So, if you want a looper and use it through your rjm devices, just don't buy the Pigtronix Infinity.

i'm just starting to program the mastermind to control the infinity also, and decided to try and implement control of prerecorded loops as oliver describes, and ended up giving up on.

it boils down to being able to assign start/stop (FA/FC) system real time messages to IA buttons ?

I can't locate the option. it should be a sysex, but the dialog only goes to 127 ?

Go to the Sysex tab, pick a Sysex message, and in its content put FA. Then, pick another Sysex message and put FC in it. Then, when using Sysex messages, refer to those two messages you just created.

argh, my head hurts. FA/FC don't work by themselves, i need the full F0 F7 .... FA F7 format string i think

I got about half of the buttons to work, before realizing the infinity is hit and miss using 127s on switches.
it wants to see 1 for short and 2 for long. that got everybody working except pitch up & the start/stop real time sysex.
for pitch up to work, the infinity has to have it's sample rate set to 24k, which was a pain to figure out but is working now.

so far i can trigger loop 1 & 2, stop, undo, reverse, pitch up, recall, & down, stutter, and erase
i still hope to be able set up IA cycles/groups to mimic the loopers led states so i can tell whats it's doing under the shelf

making progress, thanks Ron !

Last edited:
i was getting ready to critique the state of midi/namm, and trying to figure where to lite it off

i understand we're on the cutting edge of the wild west, but there are missing usability features that are kind of stark.
there has to be a way to trigger prerecorded loops... and there should be a way to write protect them so you don't screw up a live performance, and who's bright idea was it to mount the sd card Inside the pedal (boggle)

the mastermind is still state of the art, but how is Ron supposed to support product features without the hooks to do so ?
how is a midi controller supposed to control & display the state of what it's connected to ?
in this case, a simple state machine duplicating/syncing it's led status with the pigtronix' looper ?

i could go crazy on the man/machine merge, but history is almost defined by the limitations of the UI/control interface, from the drum to the LinnStrument, reins & stirrup to stick & rudder /rant

ps. in case anybody else runs into the "No Loopers Found" message trying to run the Infinity App, you need to run it "as Administrator" every time.
oh, and the auto update feature fails due to a SSL Certificate error [yes, my pc is time sync'ed]

Last edited:
Hey sloppy,

Have you ever visited MuffWiggler Forum? This link has some useful information in it but it is quite long. The post is going through firmware 2.0 problems/bugs when it was beta with one or two of the developers at Pigtronix. I hope there is something in there that can help you.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1554540

-Mark
Thanks ! I'll head over and start reading :)

i moved the looper to the top shelf so i can see it's leds, so at this point, most of what i haven't implemented is just 'nice to have' for me, though i can see how it could be a severe limitation for others

Back