Pitch Dive on Axe FX 3 with footswitch

Neill00

I was able to do this with the FC-6 and most of the parameters can be done within the Axe FX as far as how far to dive and the timing etc. I just need to figure out how to get the GT/10 footswitch to activate the effect. When I was using the FC-6 you would set up a control switch to turn on the pitch effect which in turn went through the dive parameters. Maybe I didn’t look hard enough but I only saw one “Control” listed at the top of all the Axe FX CCs. It’s CC #2. I gave it a try even though it isn’t labelled “Control Switch”. Is there some other way to do this other than using a control switch? Or can I go into the Axe FX and assign a cc to the Control switches? OR am I just bling and they are actually listed in the Axe FX CCs on the GT and I just missed them?

It "should" be fairly straight forward depending on the settings you already have on your AxeFX3. I gave it a go and a setting I had in the AxeFX3 gave me some weird results but got it sorted in the end.

All you have to do is set up an IA button and add a CC action for the AxeFX3 device.
For CC number use the Select CC option and choose for this trial External Control 16, (Ext Ctrl 1-4 are used for Expression Pedals on the GT).
Note the CC number it chooses, CC# 26 in this case.
On the AxeFX3 go to Setup ---> Midi/Remote then Page across to the External tab.
Go down to the External Control 16 entry and change the CC number to 26.

It should work from there if nothing else is conflicting.

The problem I had to begin with was because I used External Control 5 to avoid using the RJM GT/AxeFX3 expression pedal settings, this was CC# 15. It ended up changing to Scene 8 as well as the trigger the Pitch because, after some digging, I realised on the AxeFX3 I had CC# 15 set to change scenes from when I was trying to set up a MFC-Mk3, so it depends what you have set on the AxeFX3...

Cheers
Paggzy

That did it.., quick and easy.. it’s just my lack of understanding about how much is pre-programmed. I thought maybe all external controls were pre-mapped just like all the effects. I’ve got it now. Thanks a ton..,

No worries :)

I guess another way is if you had the Pitch already in the grid and did the whole AxeFX3 to GT Get Preset Names it would probably add the Pitch somewhere there for you automatically if you use the CC number already assigned to each Pitch block under Select CC as well... (110 & 111). I haven't tried that yet, pretty new to it all here as well... that could be just to bypass etc...

Last edited:
I’m not sure that would work. Any time I’ve tried to get it to work, the pitch block needs something to engage the controller not the actual block. And when you set up the controller, the regular bypass no longer works.

Yeah just stick with the other way then, you can use the same Ext Ctrl button for other presets/effects control too. Anything you assign to Ext Ctrl 16 on the AxeFX3.

Back