Please confirm my thinking on stereo pedals

Sorry to inundate with questions. Im running my last 3 pedals in stereo to stereo outputs (8-Diamond Halo chorus, 9-Timeline, 10-Big Sky). Loop 7 will be a mono pedal (Cusack Tap A Whirl). If I read everything correctly I should set the input to 7-10 to mono and the output to stereo, the Tap a Whirl needs a ring disconnect cable going to the input and a mono-stereo coming out of the output. All 3 stereo pedals should have TRS insert cables in both the inputs and outputs.

Im custom soldering all my cables (for the first time) and Im already crosseyed from soldering little lugs, Im trying to get the stereo section correct the first time.

If it helps my signal chain is:
Guitar
Keely 4 knob compressor (always on)
EP Boost (always on)
1. POG II
2. Morning Glory
3. Cusack Screamer
4. Bondi Sick As
out 4/in 5. Volume pedal and Earthquaker boost pedal
5. Angry Charlie
6. Red Witch Moon Phaser
7. Cusack Tap A Whirl
8. Diamond Halo chorus
9. Timeline
10. Big Sky
stereo outputs to Goodwood Interfacer
stereo outputs to HW AC30 and Morgan RCA35

Both mono /stereo buttons should be in the out position, but everything else you mention sounds correct.

I just received my Mastermind PBC, and I believe my question is answered here, but I wanted to make sure I understand the mixing of both mono and stereo pedals in loops 7-10. Is it true to say that if you use both mono and stereo pedals in loops 7-10 that you will always need to use a ring disconnect cable going into the mono pedals and a mono to stereo cable coming out of the pedals to preserve the stereo signal through those loops?

My 2nd question I believe is related, but I'm not sure. I have a Strymon Flint that I plan to run in mono before a Strymon Timeline, Source Audio Ventris and later an Eventide H9. If I place the Flint in loop 7 running in mono, do I need to use a ring disconnect cable for its input since it has left and right stero outputs? Will the left and right outputs on the Flint re-introduce the stereo signal back into the PBC without any problems if I don't use the ring disconnect cable going into it's input? I'm hoping I can use a mono cable to go into the Flint from the loop 7 out, then stereo out with a Y cable from the Flint back to the loop 7 in on the PBC.

If what I described for the Flint will work, then I assume I can place any mono pedal before the Flint in loops 7-10 and only use normal mono patch cables. For example, before I get my H9, I would like to run a compressor at the end of my overdrive pedals in loop 7. I'm hoping I could do that with normal mono patch cables, then run another mono patch cable into the Flint as I stated above.

Stereo signal will never be preserved through a mono pedal, but using the cables you describe will keep it from causing trouble like having the signal only come out the left side. But, going through a mono pedal in series will lose any stereo separation there may have been in previous loops. The only way to get around that is to use two identical pedals, one for left, one for right.

You can use a mono cable for the Flint if you never plan on using your pedals in parallel. As soon as you switch it into parallel, the Flint's mono input will be connected to your stereo pedals' inputs, which will cause problems.

A mono pedal in loop 7 will still need a mono to stereo converter cable. Otherwise, you're going to lose your right side signal when using that pedal.

Back