Plugging wallwarts adapters on Furman Power Conditioners.

Ron, my RG16 as expected is working superbly ;D...as always here in no-man's land (Malaysia and Singapore) it is hard to get anything so my rig is slowly coming along. A quick question though, how would one plug the adapters (of the RG16 and Eventide Timefactor) on the Furman securely so that when you lug around your rack if it turns upside down and sideways the adapters would remain securely attached to the Furman? How would you pros do it? ... thx very much.

Re: Plugging wallwarts adapters on Furman Power Conditioners

Good question. I've always opted for getting rid of the wall warts and either modifying my Furman to add low voltage outputs, or using multiple output power supplies that can be affixed to a shelf or the inside of the rack. I think I've seen some rig builders strap down wall warts to keep them from falling out, but I've never done that myself.

I got rid of all my wallwarts for a Burkey Flatliner Pro, which can power just about anything :)

Duct tape it is then ;-( ... Eventide Timefactor has been having these big ridiculous power adapter problem. They say that only their adapters are recommended(its huge!)...voodoo lab says their PP2+ works if u use the L6 output. Eventide says it works but they're not responsible if anything happens, use their power supply. So Martin as much as i love your clean look but i cant afford another power supply right now....will look into that tho...although i heard that its not even enough for Timefactor? it 1200mA. Do inform me if any practical solution come to light fellas, i would greatly appreciate it :)

The one nice and small power supply I can think of that will power the Eventide pedals is the Diago Powerstation - it's a 3000mA switch mode PSU that's tiny. I sold mine a few months ago after years of reliable service for me. A lot cheaper than a transformer-based PSU like a PedalPower too. Might be worth looking into long-term.

Cheers Martin, that Diago seems like a decent solution....if i can find one ard these parts. No funds at the moment so perhaps ill use the duct tape method for the time being. Thx for the great suggestion :) ....another solution that i saw were CIOKS power supply. The guy always promotes himself on every forum u see n he's very confident that his powers everything. Just an addition to the info based on what i found.

there is also the mod tone, very simil;ar to the burkey flatliner but slightly smaller

Back