Power question

Chuchu

I know that the manual says "Be sure to only connect one power source to the Mastermind LT at a time."

But does USB count as power source there? I ask because I am phantom powering the LT but if I connect it to my computer via USB also, will it damage it?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, USB is a power source. The LT does have circuitry that prevents USB power from interfering with phantom power. The comment was directed more at using phantom power and the DC power input at the same time, which definitely would be a problem.

Yes, USB is a power source. The LT does have circuitry that prevents USB power from interfering with phantom power. The comment was directed more at using phantom power and the DC power input at the same time, which definitely would be a problem.
Brilliant! Thanks!

I just want to make sure I understand this before potentially causing a problem. Currently, I have the LT phantom powered by a MEG. If I want to use the software editor, I turn the rig off and then hook up a USB cable from my computer. Needless to say, this can be tiresome if you just want to make a quick edit. If I am understanding you reply correctly, there is no need to power down the rig if I want to use the software editor. I can phantom power the LT AND use a powered USB cable at the same time without hurting the LT. Thanks.

I just want to make sure I understand this before potentially causing a problem. Currently, I have the LT phantom powered by a MEG. If I want to use the software editor, I turn the rig off and then hook up a USB cable from my computer. Needless to say, this can be tiresome if you just want to make a quick edit. If I am understanding you reply correctly, there is no need to power down the rig if I want to use the software editor. I can phantom power the LT AND use a powered USB cable at the same time without hurting the LT. Thanks.

Yes, you can use USB with one other power source (AC adaptor or phantom power). You just don't want to use AC adaptor and phantom power at the same time.

Back