Powering A New Rig Setup MMGT22/Fractal FM3/FM9

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well. I'm just after some info on phantom powering the GT22. I have this setup in my Axe FX 3 rack already using the phantom power box etc. It all works great!

What I’d like to do is setup something similar and a little more compact still using the GT22 and using either a Fractal FM9 or FM3 also adding a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 200. I'm planning on using another phantom power box and the GT's 12v adaptor under a pedalboard and connecting via 6 pin XLR.

I thought maybe a good idea to power it all was to use Furman’s small power conditioner the AC-210 AE. It only has 2 IEC out connectors but I thought maybe I could use an IEC splitter cable on one of the outputs to connect two devices to one output. It says on the Furman UK spec, 10 amps max on both IEC outputs. I just wanted to make sure it was safe to tie two devices to one output?

Would you guys suggest plugging the GT’s phantom power box to its own output and then plugging the Powerstage and FM9/FM3 to the other one?

Many thanks

Paul

An IEC splitter is no different than a multi-outlet cheap power strip, it should be fine for this purpose. 10 amps at 240V is a lot, way more than needed.

Back