Powering a Y-Not and a Switch Gizmo

MartinCliffe

Is it possible to power both a Y-Not and a Switch Gizmo from the same high-current tap on a Pedal Power 2? I know each RJM unit says it requires 150mA, and the PP2 only puts out 250mA, but I wonder how accurate these numbers are? Planning something interesting, and don't know whether to go for the PP2, or pay the extra for a PP4x4? The other 250mA tap would be for a Mini Effect Gizmo, and all the 100mA taps are needed for pedals.

EDIT: of course, I could just go for a Carl Martin Pro Power instead, which is cheaper and supplies 350mA on the high current outputs!

Hi Martin,

Not sure about that. The numbers I quote always tend toward the high side, and always with all switches turned on. (For most relay switchers, the more relays that are turned on, the more current it draws). If I can find a Y-Not around here, I'll measure both and let you know.

I could always send you my Y-Not if you're struggling... then you could investigate why it doesn't pass signal unless the buffer is engaged :) Not an issue for me, just curious. But as I say, I'll probably end up going for the Carl Martin unit instead, as it's cheaper and rated for higher current (and is voltage switchable, which isn't an issue here in HK but might be for travelling, although I'd be unlikely to travel with the big rig I'm planning!)

Back