Preset 2nd press engages specific loop

shuffle

Currently i have 'preset 2nd press' set to alternative, because in a few songs I need 5 presets and the PBC6x only has 4 switches. This has been very useful.

However in a particular song, I would like to have a few presets when pressed for the 2nd time engage my klon loop (loop 2). I would like this to be available for a lot of presets, but not all (as some need alternatives).

Whats the easiest way to achieve this, without creating duplicates of 10's if not 100's of presets?

Thanks!

I asked the question about using preset 2nd press doing both alternate and IA mode and it's not possible.
Ron said you could set the 2nd press mode to IA, then on the Preset buttons, use this action : System / Preset preset:Alternate but wasn't for sure you would get all the features.

What I ended up doing is on the presets I wanted that extra button (loop 2 in your case) is changing that specific preset to have a Local page that is the same as my first page minus button 6. Then button 6 would become my 'aux' button. So far this has seemed to work and you can change the color of the current preset to let you know that it is a local page.

Hope that helps!

I asked the question about using preset 2nd press doing both alternate and IA mode and it's not possible.
Ron said you could set the 2nd press mode to IA, then on the Preset buttons, use this action : System / Preset preset:Alternate but wasn't for sure you would get all the features.

What I ended up doing is on the presets I wanted that extra button (loop 2 in your case) is changing that specific preset to have a Local page that is the same as my first page minus button 6. Then button 6 would become my 'aux' button. So far this has seemed to work and you can change the color of the current preset to let you know that it is a local page.

Hope that helps!
That might be a clever work around. Thanks for the idea

Currently i have 'preset 2nd press' set to alternative, because in a few songs I need 5 presets and the PBC6x only has 4 switches. This has been very useful.

However in a particular song, I would like to have a few presets when pressed for the 2nd time engage my klon loop (loop 2). I would like this to be available for a lot of presets, but not all (as some need alternatives).

Whats the easiest way to achieve this, without creating duplicates of 10's if not 100's of presets?

Thanks!
I'm still really fuzzy on how the "Alt Preset" even works?

I can't find a lot of documentation on it or in the RJM Mastering the Mastermind videos.

How do you set up the "Alt Preset" button and how does it relate to turning 4 preset buttons into 8 so you can have 8 presets per song in song/setlist mode?

I'm still really fuzzy on how the "Alt Preset" even works?

I can't find a lot of documentation on it or in the RJM Mastering the Mastermind videos.

How do you set up the "Alt Preset" button and how does it relate to turning 4 preset buttons into 8 so you can have 8 presets per song in song/setlist mode?
Alternate preset lets you stack 2 presets on one button. Let's say that you set up presets 1-4 with alternate presets 101-104. When you press the first preset button, it will load preset 1. If you press the first preset button again, it will load its alternate preset, preset 101. Pressing it a third time will return you to preset 1.

In song & setlist mode, you would create the alternate presets separately, not as part of the song. It'll still load the alternate presets even though they're not "officially" part of the current song.

Alternate preset lets you stack 2 presets on one button. Let's say that you set up presets 1-4 with alternate presets 101-104. When you press the first preset button, it will load preset 1. If you press the first preset button again, it will load its alternate preset, preset 101. Pressing it a third time will return you to preset 1.

In song & setlist mode, you would create the alternate presets separately, not as part of the song. It'll still load the alternate presets even though they're not "officially" part of the current song.
I see...

But how does that effect the other presets in the current song?

And would I have to set up any/all songs using "Alt Preset" buttons on a separate page... then have the song "show that page" when building the song in the song tab?

It doesn't affect the other presets in the current song, these extra presets are just accessible by a second button press on an existing preset button. Aside from that new feature, the song and its presets continue to work the same way.

Your buttons don't need to change. You just turn set Preset 2nd Press to Alternate, and it will automatically make all preset buttons load an alternate preset, if the current preset has an alternate assigned.

It doesn't affect the other presets in the current song, these extra presets are just accessible by a second button press on an existing preset button. Aside from that new feature, the song and its presets continue to work the same way.

Your buttons don't need to change. You just turn set Preset 2nd Press to Alternate, and it will automatically make all preset buttons load an alternate preset, if the current preset has an alternate assigned.
Righto…

But I WiLL need to make separate presets? Correct?

What I mean is: if I want PRESET 1 to bring in amp channel, phaser, chorus on one song…

And I want PRESET 1 to change to “Alternate Preset” from an established preset… we’ll call it PRESET 6, that changes amp channel, brings in a delay…

Then I would essentially need to create a new preset… we’ll call it “PRESET 1A”… that starts with the commands of PRESET 1 and has the “Alt Preset” commands of PRESET 6…

I would essentially need to create new specific presets for every “alt preset” combination I plan to use… taking up space in my preset bank…

Correct?

Last edited:
Righto…

But I WiLL need to make separate presets? Correct?

What I mean is: if I want PRESET 1 to bring in amp channel, phaser, chorus on one song…

And I want PRESET 1 to change to “Alternate Preset” from an established preset… we’ll call it PRESET 6, that changes amp channel, brings in a delay…

Then I would essentially need to create a new preset… we’ll call it “PRESET 1A”… that starts with the commands of PRESET 1 and has the “Alt Preset” commands of PRESET 6…

I would like essentially need to create new specific presets for every “alt preset” combination I plan to use… taking up space in my preset bank…

Correct?
That's correct, but it's still the best approach if you want the second press to do something different for every preset.

Back