Preset 2nd Press = toggle different things

kingb

Hi - I just got the PBC/6X and loving it so far. I'm starting to get into some deeper editing and would like to toggle different things on different presets with the 2nd press. For example:

Preset 1 - 2nd press would toggle on Loops 4 & 6 and send a CC on/off to a certain device.
Preset 2 - 2nd press would toggle Loop 3
etc...

I've tried a several things but nothing seemed to work and honestly don't remember the various combinations attempted. I'd like to avoid simply toggling another preset because that would kill delay trails and such when switching

Is something like this possible?

Thanks
-kevin

The first thing to note is that the 2nd press options affect a preset button, not a specific preset. So, your first preset button could be programmed to do something on 2nd press, but it will do the same thing regardless if that button is recalling preset 1, preset 5, preset 9, etc.

If that's ok, then you can set Preset 2nd Press to IA, then add IA actions to the button that turn on the desired loops, send CCs, etc. Those actions will be executed when you press the button a second time.

If you really need each preset to have a different 2nd press function, then you will have to use alternate presets. Set Preset 2nd Press to Alternate. Then, in each preset, set an alternate preset number. I recommend doing something easier to remember like this: preset 1's alternate is 201, preset 2 is 202, etc.

In your alternate presets, you can turn off PC sending so that the presets on your pedals don't change. Then, you can set your loops accordingly, and use preset actions or IA buttons to send CCs.

Thanks! This is very helpful. I'm going with the alternate preset approach = " I recommend doing something easier to remember like this: preset 1's alternate is 201, preset 2 is 202, etc. ... In your alternate presets, you can turn off PC sending ..."

A great bonus here is that when in the Alternate preset, the bank doesn't change. So neighboring buttons still are associated with their settings (vs getting sent to the "200 bank" of presets).

So much great thought went into this. Awesome job! And thanks for being a great resource here on the boards.

Back