"Preset Cycle" in song mode possible in GT?

luca9583

Hi Ron

This may already be covered but i was wondering if there's a way to setup one button in a Song that could cycle through a selection of presets from that song?

That way you could queue up the presets in an order that follows the structure of a song and simply move through them.

Can this be done using IA cycle?

You couldn't use IA cycle, but the Preset + button is able to move through the presets within a song.

You couldn't use IA cycle, but the Preset + button is able to move through the presets within a song.

Is the Preset + button able to move through a sequence of presets in a song? For example: clean, crunch, high gain, clean, solo etc? Or can it only move up and down the presets according to how they are laid out in a Song?

If not, could an external switch be set to cycle through a sequence of presets?

Would be a great feature for singer guitarists who need to switch between several sounds without looking down at the board

Preset + will only cycle through the presets in the song in order. You could lay out your presets in the song to make it work - have the presets in the song be: clean, crunch, high gain, clean, solo. There's nothing limiting you from using a preset more than once in a song.

External switches do exactly what the built-in switches can do - they don't have any additional capabilities.

Preset + will only cycle through the presets in the song in order. You could lay out your presets in the song to make it work - have the presets in the song be: clean, crunch, high gain, clean, solo. There's nothing limiting you from using a preset more than once in a song.

External switches do exactly what the built-in switches can do - they don't have any additional capabilities.

Thanks again Ron as always. So in this scenario, how many presets can i have per song? Is it limited to the GT model (ie number of buttons) or could i have more presets so i can make a longer sequence?

Also, i'm guessing while using the Preset + button you can still "get out of trouble" if you misfire the button by selecting the presets themselves

Last edited:
You can have up to 16 presets per song. If you don't have that many preset buttons defined, you can still access the higher numbered presets using Preset +. And yes, you can always access a preset directly using the preset buttons even if you're mostly using Preset +.

You can have up to 16 presets per song. If you don't have that many preset buttons defined, you can still access the higher numbered presets using Preset +. And yes, you can always access a preset directly using the preset buttons even if you're mostly using Preset +.

Yep. Would be a great feature though if Preset + could include user definable sequences of specific presets within a song

I've come up with a workaround to be able to cycle through more than 16 presets in various song sections in a Song on the GT.

I created two separate Songs in the GT for the same song and using Preset + i can move from the first Song to the second Song to access all the Presets in the desired sequence.

Ron I noticed something with Preset +. There is a range parameter for Preset + that lets you specify how many presets you want to scroll through..so for example, you can set the range to 5 Presets. This works when not in Song mode, but when in Song mode, the range parameter has no effect and Preset + just goes through all Presets in a song regardless and then moves onto the next song.

Is there a way to make that range parameter apply to a Song?

I've come up with a workaround to be able to cycle through more than 16 presets in various song sections in a Song on the GT.

I created two separate Songs in the GT for the same song and using Preset + i can move from the first Song to the second Song to access all the Presets in the desired sequence.

Ron I noticed something with Preset +. There is a range parameter for Preset + that lets you specify how many presets you want to scroll through..so for example, you can set the range to 5 Presets. This works when not in Song mode, but when in Song mode, the range parameter has no effect and Preset + just goes through all Presets in a song regardless and then moves onto the next song.

Is there a way to make that range parameter apply to a Song?

It's possible for me to implement it given some time. I didn't think it was necessary since you have complete control over how many presets are in a song, but I will add it to the list to be implemented.

Back