Preset IA actions sending on all preset buttons when pressed

ekkomouse

I have an issue where I am trying to send one midi cc when I hit a preset button. The problem is that if I hit any preset button, then all 5 preset buttons send their midi cc's assigned in the ia action list. I would like to send just the one midi cc message per preset.

I have tried the different configurations of Send on preset, update state on preset change and only on messages. I've spent a few hours trying to figure it out, any ideas?

Ok, there are a bunch of things that need explaining.

- Preset buttons don't send CC messages or run actions
- IA buttons do send messages and run actions, that's their primary function
- A button can be both preset and IA button (read up on IA mode in the editor manual)
- If an IA button has "Send on Preset Change" and "Update on Preset Change" set, it will send its messages on every preset change. This is what you're seeing

If you want one or more messages to be sent when a preset is loaded, then preset actions are what you need. Go to the Presets tab, select a preset, then select the Preset Actions sub-tab in the center of the screen. Any actions you specify here will be sent when specific preset(s) is/are selected.

You'll also need to remove the actions from the preset/IA buttons you've defined in order to get rid of the unwanted CC messages.

Back