Preset lights not turning to off colour

spikeymcspikeface

What appears to be a random glitch has just crept in ...

I'm running firmware 3.1.5 with latest editor 3.1.6 (as far as I can see there isn't a firmware 3.1.6 to match the editor version ...?).

I've been tweaking a few patches, mainly changing which loops a few PBC pre-sets call up & adjusting some expression pedal settings (so nothing global or to do with the system settings or anything else particularly significant), and for no apparent reason today the pre-set lights on the PBC stopped turning off with the pre-set (so the light above a given pre-set is in the off colour, I choose that pre-set, its light goes to the on colour, but when I press its footswitch a second time to de-select that pre-set the light stays in the on colour until I choose another pre-set ... where-upon the same thing happens to that pre-set ... and it's the same for every pre-set). I can switch between any pre-set and the global setting (as per second switch settings), it's just that any selected pre-set light stays in the on position until a different pre-set is selected.

I had been rolling back to my previous .rjm settings file to fix the problem, but each time I did that I found that once I began editing the patches again, at some random point the same glitch will suddenly start up again - not necessarily at the same stage of my edits (so it's not as if it's happening each time I make a particular change to any settings - it seems completely random as far as I can tell ...). However, I've just tried to reload that original file and (nightmare) for some bizarre reason it's stopped fixing the issue - and no, I had accidently overwritten that .rjm file, I'd been obsessively NOT saving anything in the editor because I was paranoid I wouldn't be able to fix things ... so I'm now at a loss to know what to do. (And please don't say factory reset - I play with 4 bands, each with long set lists, generating at the last count 44 different pre-sets ...)

HELP ...!

That's kind of odd, because pressing a preset button a second time should not turn off the LED. There always has to be one preset active at all times. You can't turn a preset off, you can only switch to a different preset.

The Preset 2nd Press setting is related to this. The only thing that I can imagine that would allow you to turn off an LED is the "Previous Preset" setting of Preset 2nd Press. Let's say you're on preset 1. Then you bank up and switch to preset 8. If you press preset 8 again, the PBC will switch back to your previous preset, preset 1. Since you're viewing the second bank (presets 6-10), none of the preset buttons are lit up - preset 1 is not in that bank. Thus, the LED turns off.

I assume that this has to be what's happening - if not, please let me know and we'll dig deeper.

And, I'm curious, what do you want to happen when you turn a preset button off?

Hi Ron - thanks for coming back to me so quickly ... I'll try to explain a bit more:

'Preset Second Press' is set to 'Global' (which in my case means all loops off - ie. 'Global' preset is clean). So if I choose a preset (eg. chorus + delay), the light above that present goes to the on colour; if I then press the footswitch for that (chorus + delay) preset a second time it's deselected and its light returns to the off colour (showing it's not on). Or rather, that's what used to happen - now if I press the (chorus + delay) footswitch a second time I return to the global 'clean' settings correctly but the light above the (chorus + delay) preset stays in the on colour even though that particular preset is now off.

Since posting earlier I've played about a bit more and what I've found is that this problem arises whenever I select a set list; but if there's no set list selected (ie. 'Current Set List' is 'None'), then all is well (ie. if I press a preset footswitch a second time I return to my global 'clean' setting and the light above the preset returns to the off state - irrespective of which bank I happen to be in). What's particularly confusing is that when I'm in set list mode, even if one of the presets in a particular song is in fact the global 'clean' setting, if I choose any other preset in that song, the problem is still there (ie. logically I'd have expected a second press of eg. a chorus preset to take me back to the global 'clean' preset, so the light above the global 'clean' preset should therefore go to the on colour and the light above the chorus preset should go to the off colour when I press it a second time - reflecting which preset is actually active; but that's not what happens - the lights above the footswitches still suggest that the chorus preset is active, not the global 'clean' preset which is what is in fact active - all very confusing because if you glance at the PBC the on/off lights don't relate to which preset is on).

So in a nutshell - if I set 'Current Set List' to a set of songs, the preset footswitch lights no longer relate to the presets' on or off states (the on colour will stay illuminated for whichever preset was last selected even if it's in fact off). And it makes no difference if the global preset is one of the presets included in a particular song (whichever preset was last selected will be shown as on, even if it's off and the global preset is in fact on).

Any thoughts ...?

Phew - I was really starting to think I'd lost the plot somehow ...!

As ever, thanks Ron - really appreciate the incredible support.

Back