Presets and Banks on GT 16

waterperson

Just started using The GT16 got most of it working ..am having trouble with PRESETS and banks.... the number of presets in a bank keeps changing
cannot seem to get the GT 16 to firm up how many presets are in a bank.
When I start from the blank slate factory reset of the GT16 things work fine bank up bank down 5 presets to a bank. BUT
when I use the Mac editor and send to the GT16 the blank template is not the same as the factory reset on the GT16 ...
OK so then then i write in 5 presets....The GT16
starts as bank preset 1-5 then hit bank up and it shows preset 12 -16 then bank up and it shows presets 23-27 unlike the factory reset that
banks up 1-5. 6-10. 11-15 etc....
What am I missing here????????????

The concept of a bank in the GT is considerably more fluid than on other controllers. The number of presets in a bank is based entirely on the number of preset buttons available on the current button page. It sounds to me like you are using a 22 button configuration with a GT/16. In the editor, I'd switch the model to GT/22, then deactivate all of the preset buttons in the bottom row (set Type to Off), then change the model back to GT/16. Transfer those settings back to the GT.

The GT shouldn't pay attention to settings for buttons it doesn't have, but it was definitely a bug I remember from a while back. I'm pretty sure this is something that was fixed for 2.0.

didn't do it that way but found a way....In Mac editor uploaded GT16 factory reset settings
....then in Mac editor edited my IAs, Presets,etc etc. AND then wrote edits to the GT16 Then worked normally......

am really liking this GT16/Effects Gizmo setup.....for 25 years been using every kind of midi pedal/ audio midi patchbays, modules =
lots of real time control.....VCA analog and digital
The great thing about the GT16 is that( outside of using a computer ) t it interfaces procedures into one economical/viewable space and does what you need.....
I think this is the first time I found a system that really does cover it....( for me anyway)
GOOD WORK RJM

Back