Presets and Pages

Uh, not really.. Each page from 1-15 has the same preset assigned to that specific button, however if you assign a preset to a "local page"that preset will have its own button assignments? correct me if I'm wrong. What i want to do is assign a different preset to the same button on a different page (from 1-15). Possible? or do I need to use banks to do this?

You can definitely do it, but how you do it depends on the end result you're looking for. When you say that you want to assign a different preset, do you mean a fixed preset number (I want preset 27 to be here always), or a fixed preset index (I want the third preset in the current bank here always)?

The way presets and banks work confuses many. If you haven't already, you might want to check out the videos I've been doing:

Episodes 3, 4 and 5 deal a lot with banks and presets and hopefully will do an ok job of describing how it all works.

Thank you, I understand the association between Banks and Presets, what I was querying was whether once you assign a Preset to a button on a specific page, does that Preset become fixed to that specific button on every other Page as well? What I was hoping to do was to assign a different Preset to the same button on different pages? I understand this can be done with Banks, but Pages?

When a bank loads, the GT scans through the buttons starting at the top left, across the top row, then moving down one row and across, assigning presets from the current bank to any preset buttons it finds. The first button it finds gets the first preset in the bank, the second button gets the second preset, etc.

However, you can use the Preset Index setting on preset buttons to change this order. Normally, this is set to 0, which disables this feature. Set Preset Index to 1 for the button where you want the first preset in the bank to go, preset index 2 where you want the second preset to go, etc. That will override the default order and assign presets in the order you choose.

For more details, please check out the videos I linked to.

I understand that and have watched the videos. Firstly, each bank can have up to 16 pages? If yes, what I am not clear on is... do the presets get allocated only to the BANKS (not PAGES) with the buttons of the BANKS remaining fixed to that one preset for each of the (up to 16) PAGES in each specific BANK? So same preset is assigned to one button location in the BANK regardless of the PAGE in that BANK?

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks for your patience

Presets and banks are related - a bank is a group of presets. A page is bunch of buttons.

There's not really a relationship between banks and pages. Changing pages has no affect on presets or banks at all - you'll still be in the same preset and same bank no matter how many times you change pages.

You can set up presets so that selecting a preset will also change to a different page, but that can be disabled.

"Changing pages has no affect on presets or banks at all - you'll still be in the same preset and same bank no matter how many times you change pages."

Thank you for that information, it really helped a lot. I'm finding that with my use/application of my GT16, I dont require presets at all. I have ten pages all programmed with IA buttons and everything works like a dream

Back