Presets not triggering IA's

MAXIMUM

To start off...I'm sort of embarrassed to say that I have owned this beautiful Mastermind GT16 / Effect Gizmo system for about 10 months...but up until now I have only used it for remote IA to my wall mounted effect pedals. The past weekend I had some time to try some more detailed configuration setups.

First, it took me a while to figure out how to do the midi implementation for my (new to me) Fender Machete amp...which has a midi port for controlling Channel #1, Channel #1 Boost, Channel #2, FX Loop (which can be used as another boost when not running effects through it), and Reverb. Basically it allows me to turn on and off all of those functions through the use of midi. Not being a midi expert...it took me a while to figure out how to do all of that...reading the manual...trying to set it up...and repeat numerous times. I was happy when I actually got all five functions working...with the exception of one tiny glitch on the Ch1 Boost setting where if I press the IA button coming from the regular Channel 1 is works fine....however if I press the Ch1 Boost IA button from the Channel 2 (Drive) setting...I have to press the Boost IA button twice. The first press takes it back to Channel 1...and the second press turns on the Boost.

I would love to correct this...but that last paragraph was more to give you background to my real issue...which is after setting up presets that will trigger one of those amp IA buttons...only the Reverb one actually triggers. Anytime I press any of the presets...even one that uses the amp drive channel...the amp always reverts back to the clean channel (Ch #1). For Channel #2...I do see a momentary flash of the light on the oem foot selector light...but immediately the light goes back off.

I mapped the presets with the IA's just like all the other presets that successfully use the EG loops with effect pedals...but it just doesn't work. I tried to set up a direct Program Change string in the preset...that still does not work.

What am I missing here?

Here is my current Mastermind file.

Attachments

• 20150719b.rjs
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Ok, the problem is that you have multiple buttons sending messages to the amp, some are telling the amp to switch to the correct channel, some are telling it to change to channel 1. Each button has a PC is sends when it turns on and a PC it sends when you turn it off. Since the buttons are grouped, pressing one button turns it on, but it also turns another button off. So, the button that turns on sends its "On" PC, and the button that turns off sends its "Off" PC.

Grouping the buttons is the right idea, but you just need to change one thing. On the Global page, look at the Group 1 section and turn off the "Send off messages" checkbox. This will make it so that only the switch you're actually pressing will send its message. avoiding the conflicting messages.

Thanks Ron.

This worked for all the presets with the Drive Channel selected. However, fFor some reason I also had to go into the IA buttons for the amp channel buttons and set the "PC Off" value to "NONE" for all three of the Amp Channels in order to get the Clean Boost channel to come on. Not sure why...but that final worked.

But...I feel like a cat chasing their tail...because what was working...the Clean Wet (Channel #1 with Amp Reverb) Preset...is now not working. I go to the IA and it works fine...but now not in the preset.

What to you see wrong in this file?

Attachments

• 20150720b.rjs
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
I mostly figured out the Clean Reverb preset issue. For what ever reason I could not change the settings of that preset and get it to work. So I created a new preset to do the exact same thing...and created it directly on the MMGT...and it worked! So then I copied that preset to the preset that wouldn't work...and it was now working. Strange.

The only preset issue remaining is that if I come from another preset using the same amp...but without the reverb engaged...and go directly to the clean reverb preset...the reverb does not come on. If I go to a non amp channel preset first...then the clean reverb preset will work fine. There has to still be a reason...it is not a huge deal...but I will continue to search for the reason why...or another work around.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas...it's mighty quiet around here! :roll:

So, would going from the "Bumble Fuzz" preset to the "Clean and Wet" preset cause the reverb to not work? The MIDI output looks ok, so I just want to make sure i'm looking at the correct example.

"Bumble Fuzz" to "Clean and Wet" works fine. Going from any of my Fender Machete channel 2 preset...like the "Machete Drive" preset...pressing the "Clean and Wet" preset will cause the amp to go back to the clean channel...but the Reverb will not turn on until I press the "Clean and Dry" preset first...or actually any of the no Machete Drive channel presets.

Hope that helps.

Back