Problem with expressions - Axe controller first "jumps" to 60%

Roadrunner

Hi there, new MM/22 GT user here.

I've recently switched from the FRACTAL MFC-101 to the GT22 controlling Axe II XL.
Ok so this GT22 is a monster! And I've spend the last day configuring it to my taste and all went smooth and easy.
I'm facing one problem though and it’s the expression pedals.
I'm using 2 Mission pedals connects to Ext 1 and Ext 4 in the GT same as it was on the MFC.
In the Axe I use EXT CTRL 1 = cc21 and EXT CTRL 4 = cc24.
I went through the manual and calibrated the pedals + also defined in the GT expression 1 + 4 to the correct cc's (21 + 24).
When moving the expression pedals I can see that midi signal is going into the Axe but I have the same strange problem in both:
When I move expression 1 (cc 21) I can see over the Axe screen that it "jumps" the External 1 controller to 60-70% as soon as I start moving the pedal and then it continues the rest of the % up to 100 in linearity according to the increase.
Same happens with the other expression (cc 24), as soon as I barely move it a mm up, it makes the Axe External 4 controller jump to 60-70% and then going up to 100% according to the pedal move.

One thing though – I'm not using a standard TRS cables to connect the missions to the GT, I've soldered my own stereo cable into the pedal output jack and out to a TRS plug as I didn’t had enough space between the GT and the pedals for the plug.
Anyway, I thought maybe it’s the Tip Ring Sleeve order but it worked the same for me over the MFC-101 so I assume it should be the same for the GT, right?

What am I missing?

Thanks.

The GT uses the opposite expression pedal polarity compared to the MFC. You'll need to swap the tip and ring on your cable. It's surprising that the calibration worked. Try swapping tip and ring (the pot wiper should be connected to the ring), recalibrate and see if it works any better.

Back