Problem with linked blocks

Mr.E

Sorry to bother you with all this again.
I'm trying to program a couple of switches for a song so I can change the settings of the Harmonizer and activate it.
This is what the page layout looks like:
Are%20You%20Ready%20RJM.PNG

I'm using scenes - underneath the scen it describes its' function
For the Harmonies, I use scene 8.
Obviously, if I put the scene change as the first command in both button #3 and #5, they will be active at the same time, even though they are grouped.
So when moving the activation of the scene to the last position in the row of commands and making sure both have a different first command, that doesn't happen.

So far so good.
But the funny thing is that only the state of the Delay1 is updated - it shows it's on.
The Pitch2, which is also activated and is switched to the Y-state shows only it's on, not it's Y-state (hold mode).

Is this normal - hold mode's are not shown - or am I, again, doing something wrong?

Last edited:
I tried by setting the initial hold state of the Pitch2 on.
It does not change when selecting either harmony buttons.
But when I select the first button - "Scene1\- Dry" - it's turned of.
This should be normal since in scene 1, the Pitch2 is in the X-state.

I tried again, this time with both buttons selecting scene8 and then setting the parameters for the harmonizer.
Both buttons IA link and CC Link Off
And that seems to do the trick.

The strange thing is that, before, when selecting button #3, button #5 would be activated as well. that's why I tried with a different command as the first action in both buttons.
And then suddenly it all worked.

I'll keep on experimenting but I'll have to take notes because there seems to be some strange logic behind all of this. Or else I'm just not clever enough.

Last edited:
There's a block that doesn't update it's state: LOOPER.
I tried the PLAY button and that one works fine.
Must be on the Axe-Fx' side then.

The ONCE action for the looper can not have "Send On Preset Change" or "Update On Preset Change" selected or, when the looper is on when selecting the preset, it wsill play the recorded loop once

Last edited:
When I send a command to turn on the pich block, the IA block doesn't shows it's state.
It's only when I add a switch scene at the beginning, that the state is changed.
Strange.
This means, if I want to have the state of blocks updated when using the lower buttons, I always have to include a scene command.

I've seen some evidence that, in recent firmware, the Axe-Fx might not always send effect block updates to the MIDI controller. In the upcoming week, I'll try to come up with some test cases. If I can prove I'm right, I'll forward the info to Fractal.

Back