Problems with Switches ....?

Rain

Hi, I think I may have a problem with the switches. We had rehearsal tonight and there was a lot of Bass in the room and saw some Presets switching by themselves. I got home and checked, they're extremely sensitive. If I'm on, let's say Preset 22, and I lightly turn any other Preset switch with my fingers, it switches from the preset I'm on to the Preset switch I'm turning. Same with all the I/A Effects switches I have programmed. Is this normal...?

The switches we use are pretty sensitive. They're "normally closed" switches, the side effect of this means that they barely have to move down to trigger. We do have some normally open switches, which don't trigger until they hit bottom. The only downside to these is that they're harder to operate when pressing the buttons by hand (i.e. progamming the GT). When actually stepping on them, there's no real noticeable difference.

We can sell you a set of these for our cost, which is about $50. Replacing them is fairly easy - no soldering required.

Back