Programming an "Abort" Button

Gordon

Hello, I'm looking to create a hold function on a button page that essentially aborts/reverts back to my "core" guitar tone for that preset. In other words, once I'm running any number of effects on the page I want to be able to get back to my clean tone without the tap dance. For context, I generally run my PBC where presets are programmed as the core tone of whatever amp I'm using (e.g., for a Fender blackface I'll use a different EQ/comp pedal configuration than my Two Rock, which is generally run clean), and different button pages are run on top of the preset. I've tried two options:

1. Programming a "Preset" hold button type to the preset I started with. This seems the most intuitive approach. However, it doesn't "reset" the preset as expected. While running multiple effects, I press the hold button and nothing happens -- those effects are still engaged.

2. Programming an "IA" hold button type that turns off all audio loops except those that are part of the preset. This approach is straightforward, too, except the buttons that use MIDI messages stay lit. For example, the button that engages my CB Tonal Recall also has a PC message to a specific preset on the pedal. But when I hold this new button down, the TR loop disengages as expected but the TR button light is still on. Not sure what to do about this.

Finally, and I don't know if this is even possible on the PBC... is there a way to "resume" whatever effects and midi messages were running before they were "aborted?" In other words, say I'm running 3 effects: let's say overdrive, tremolo and delay (with a specific midi setting). I hold the "abort" button to quickly get back to my clean sound. How could I hold the button again to re-engage those 3 effects (or however many effects, depending on the use-case) to exactly how they were? Like I said, I don't know if it's possible, but this would definitely be icing on the cake if it is!

Thanks!

Try setting Preset 2nd Press to "Reload". That's the best way to revert to the stored preset settings. It can't be done as a separate button, unfortunately, but if you can handle it working that way (revert by pressing the same preset button a second time), then it's by far the best way to do it.

Back