Programming GT 16 for Mesa Boogie JP2C

Robert Goddard

Hello Everyone,

Just purchased a GT 16 and Rack Gizmo combination for my guitar rig of Mesa Boogie Mark V and JP2C in stereo. The Mark V is being switched with a Mini Amp Gizmo and functions flawlessly on program change. I then programmed the Mastermind GT 16 via Mastermind editor setting the JP2C MIDI channel to 2 and setting the individual program number for the amp channel, leaving the bank option to 0. The 6 bottom buttons are set to preset for easy access for each channel.The JP2C switches its channels 1, 2, and, 3 on the first 3 buttons and channels 1,2,and, 3 on presets 4, 5, and 6. It doesn't switch to the selected PC channels that I program into the editor and download to the GT 16. How do I remedy this problem to make the JP2C receive the correct program change commands and actually function. I new to this...be gentle...

Since you have specific IA buttons on the GT that control the JP2C channel, you need to do all programming on the GT and not on the amp. You won't need (or want) to use PC messages at all.

- Make sure each of your IA buttons have Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned on
- Use the Presets tab of the editor, or the IA Store button to select which buttons turn on for each GT preset.

That will give you automatic channel changes for each preset.

Back