Programming pedal style access to my Mobius

GregBouchard

I recently acquired a Mobius pedal (Not my only MIDI pedal) and would like to assign 2 buttons to activate/deactivate 2 separate presets as if they were stand alone pedals within a PBC preset.

For example, to be able to switch a phaser preset on and off with one button as well as a flanger preset on and off with a different button both without changing from my PBC preset.

This would temporarily give me peace of mind as well as a foothold on solving world hunger.

Well, as long as we're solving world hunger, I'm happy to help! :)

Edit one button and set accordingly:
Mode: Normal
Type: IA
Set Group to 1, unless you're using group 1 elsewhere (you need to have a group number not used anywhere else)
Send on Preset Change ON, Update on Preset Change ON, other checkboxes OFF.
Either select the action in the list in the bottom left (if there is one), or click Add Action.
At the bottom right, set type to PC, Device to Mobius, On Value to the number of the preset you wish to recall on the Mobius. Then, next to the "Off Value" box, press the "..." button and in the list that pops up, select "None".
Click Done

Now, choose a different button, and do the exact same settings except the On Value should be a different preset number.

On the Globals tab of the editor, select Group 1 at the bottom. Set "Send Off Messages" to Off, set "Allow All Buttons Off" to On. In the action list at the bottom, click New Action, then set Type to CC Toggle, device to Mobius, CC Number to 102 (this is the CC number for Bypass), off value set to 0 and on value set to 127.

Now, you should be able to select the two presets on the Mobius. Pressing the currently selected button again will bypass the Mobius.

Combining this pedal style application with your "Select presets on your MIDI effects and save them to PBC presets" posting, I programmed a new configuration on my PC. I set all my devices' PCs to None so I can program my MIDI on the PBC per preset but have run into some difficulty.

- When using my Switches & Mute buttons to use my Mobius Pedal style, it requires 3 presses on the Switch button or 2 on the Mute button to activate the pedal. Once activated only 1 press is required to switch or bypass the Mobius, but after selecting another Preset, I must repeat the routine.

- After I use my MIDI page to program my pedals' status and then Store the Preset, when I select other Presets then return to the one I've modified and Stored, I'm taken to my MIDI control page (4). A smaller annoyance is that my Mute LED changes to its ON colour.

- An unrelated issue is that I'd like to use my MIDI in port as a second MIDI out and I'm not able to get pedals to respond to it. I'm sure I've missed a setting somewhere.

I'm including the config file I'm starting with as well as one from after I've programmed the first 2 presets which if you cycle through the preset buttons you'll see the MIDI page pop up.

I'll be in LA/ Sherman Oaks Dec 13-18, if you're in the area of "The Coffee Roaster", I'd be happy to buy you a beer or a cup of Joe. You have the patience of a Saint

I've cooked up a big pot of soup as a further effort to thwart the World hunger bugaboo, anyone who'd like a bowl is welcome. Bring your own spoon. .

Attachments

• 1 Starting Point.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • 2 After Saving MIDI Status.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Update, programming from the editor works fine, saving MIDI states on the PBC sends me to the MIDI page (4) when I navigate away from and then back to a modified preset.

Sorry to be a pain.

Last edited:
Find your button that selects page 4 and turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. Also turn on the Momentary checkbox for that button.

Thanks again for your patience. My page 4 access button was one that I was using for the Mobius grouping and therefore had those boxes checked.

Last edited:
Cool stuff! I've done this to be able to turn on a vibe in my Mobius with the switch on the mission expression pedal regardless on what preset I'm in ...Is there a way to return to the preset I'm on by pressing the that preset button again? It works when I choose another preset button....

Cheers/
Truls

Cool stuff! I've done this to be able to turn on a vibe in my Mobius with the switch on the mission expression pedal regardless on what preset I'm in ...Is there a way to return to the preset I'm on by pressing the that preset button again? It works when I choose another preset button....

Cheers/
Truls

Set "Preset 2nd Press" to "Reload" (in Global settings) and that should take care of it.

Is there another way as I'm using the new lovely "alternate" as my global "preset second press" option.....

Is there another way as I'm using the new lovely "alternate" as my global "preset second press" option.....

If you're using 4.0, then you could add an action to the external switch: System / Preset off:Same on:None. With that, it will reload the current preset when you turn off the switch.

There isn't any way to get more than one type of "2nd press" option - only one is active at a time.

Thanks Ron , but I can only choose a preset number after System and the subtype Preset... what am I missing??

Thanks Ron , but I can only choose a preset number after System and the subtype Preset... what am I missing??

In 4.0, there's a "..." button next to the preset number box. Click it, and you can select special values like None and Same. This kind of button is available in a few different area of the editor now.

Yes , but None and Same are not there ( the other options like Aternate , Down, Up...etc ) are....or am I choosing the wrong menu?

Ah, sorry about that. I was thinking of PC actions, not presets. I'm going to have to think of another way to accomplish it...

I'll see if I can sneak in a "Same" option for preset actions when I start fixing beta bugs. We still won't be able to set both Off and On values for preset actions, but we can work around that with a macro.

Back