Quad Cortex - Preset switch inadvertently pulls up tuner or tempo screen.

chad-ramos

I am setting PC values in my presets (GT) to switch presets on the Quad Cortex. When clicking a preset on my GT controller, the Quad Cortex switches to the desired Quad Cortex preset but always pulls up the Quad Cortex Tuner or Tempo screen while doing such. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

1676060355516.png

Last edited:
Do you have buttons that control the Quad Cortex tuner and tempo? Make sure they don't have Send on Preset Change turned on.

Do you have buttons that control the Quad Cortex tuner and tempo? Make sure they don't have Send on Preset Change turned on.
@rjmmusic I validated this was the case on my backup file at home. Need to validate that it fixes the problem on my actual GT next time I am at my rehearsal space. I imagine it will. Regardless, I will check in with my results once I do that.

Thanks!

@rjmmusic Finally made to my practice space to check this out and still no luck. I had buttons that ad Send on Prest Change turned on. Of whic I disabled and had no luck. I then removed all Actions from those buttons and still no luck. These both were on external switch of which I physically disconnected.

In all cases, when I change a preset, the tuner switches on in the follwing sequence....

- On a preset tuner is off...
- Switch to a present tuner turns on...
- Switch to another preset, stays on
- Switch to another preset, tuner turns back off....

Does not matter what combination of presets so long as each preset change is different from the following,.

This appears to be an issue with the Quad Cortex, when you send it a message to control the tuner, it ignores whether you want the tuner to turn on or off, and it just toggles the tuner (turns off if it's on, turns on if it's off)

I have some contacts there, I will bring this up to them.

@rjmmusic Yeah, that is the only option they currently offer. There is no explicit off-and-on. Just toggling it.

That being said, can you tell from my settings file, even though I believe I have removed the tuner altogether from my settings, why it still is being toggled on scene switches? Am I missing something?

In the last settings file you posted here, there are still tuner CCs in the preset actions section.

Back