Quad X-Amp + Effects Gizmo: FX in Front + in FX Loop

ron5150

Hi Folks:

I'm a noobie with loop switchers and now a proud owner of a Effects Gizmo.

I would like:
- to have FX Gizmo control my Wah, Compressor, etc... IN FRONT of my Carvin Pre-Amp.
- to have FX Gizmo control effects in the Carvin Pre-Amp's Serial EFFECTS LOOP.
- to have FX Gizmo SWITCH between my Carvin Pre-Amp and my Zoom 9150 Pre-Amp.

???:
- where's the best place to hook-up the VOLUMN CONTROL from Wah?
- will I have "CLICK NOISE" in my Pre-Amp's serial Effects Loop that FX Gizmo is controlling since there is no "CLICK STOPPER" circuit in that loop?

!!!:
- I've connected loops 5-8 to isolated loop 10 and have in turn connected the IN/OUT to the Carvin Pre-Amp's Serial Effects Loop. This lets me ACTIVATE/DE-ACTIVATE the loop by just turning ON/OFF Loop 10 on the Effects Gizmo.
- I've done the same senario with loops 1-4 for my FRONT OF AMP effects and have connected it to isolated Loop 9. SIGNAL comes in and is connected to Loop 9' IN, Loop 9's SEND is connected to the BUFFER Circuit and goes through Loops 1 - 4 and OUT back into Loop 9's RETURN. Loop 9's OUT is then connected to the "CLICK STOPPER" which then goes into a configuration using the isolated loops for AMP Switching.

Just need some opinion, comments if there is a more easier way to do this as it looks complex.

Any help before I actually begin creating cables would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help.

UPDATE: I've come to a design that I finally like! Here it is:
file.php

And here's a photo of the rig when I started designing the signal path. A lot has changed as I have added a Zoom ZFX2000 for the Zoom 9150's external effect loops, the SM-Pro 1U DI-8 has been removed and the stompbox/pedal tray still not installed.
file.php

Attachments

• 995990_10200318838315561_1720802822_n.jpg
    995990_10200318838315561_1720802822_n.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1
Just started getting my hands wet this weekend wiring this up, but first testing if signal gets through from front jack to CS OUT.

I discovered that the BUFFER Circuit was putting out or sending out low signals and that the CS Circuit had NO signal coming accross it or going through it. When I bypassed these circuits my signal from the FRONT JACK all the way to LOOP 9 SEND or OUT was get through LOUD and CLEAR.

Do I have a defective Effects Gizmo?

Just read that if this unit is not supplied with adequate power, it could act funky (9V AC or 12V DC). I have a FULL Stereo unit and I am using the power supply (wall-wart) that came with it. Could it be I was supplied with a lower rated Wall-wart PS? What should the rating on the Power Supply be on this type of unit?.... If I remember correctly mine said "9V 0.42A"!

Please double check the power supply - it should say 9VAC 1A (or 1000mA). If it doesn't, it might be the source of the problem you're seeing.

Just, checked last night, it is 9VAC 1A. And spoke to Ron lastnight, thank you in advance for resolving this issue and sending out a replacement Effects Gizmo. Can't wait to get it in cuz I can't waite any longer, I wanna see this thing in full action.

I decided to remove the "Series: Loops 5-8" Loops from Isolated Loop 10. It just didn't make sense do it since EG can remember/store presets! It would be just wasting a switch for turning ON/OFF Loops 5-8.

My new design now controls 2 Pre-Amps with their respective effects being controlled by EG. I'm using Loop-10 to switch to an alternate Pre-Amp "Zoom 9150 Tube Pre-Amp, Loop-11 for Digitech Whammy2 so that I can have or not have this Pre-Amp set to a different pitch to harmonize with the Primary Pre-Amp, and Loop-12 for a Multi-Effects Unit.

Ron, just received the replacement Effects Gizmo. Thank You.

Will install everything after the holidays.

Thanks again and enjoy the holiday weekend! :)

UPDATE:

I couldn't wait so I did a quick test and patched all the cables I had already made and........ IT WORKS!

Thank you Ron! The EG I had is on its way, I mailed it out today in the same box the replacement came in.

Many thanks again! :)

Back