Question about Bi-directional MIDI and the FM3

wire_twerp

Hello again
Done the usual searches here and elsewhere but I can't find a specific answer: can I use a MIDI splitter-type hub between my RJM PBC and FM3 or do they have to be directly connected unit to unit?

I also have a rack unit (Lexicon PCM81) that I want to control as well as using the FM3 tuner (I use the PBC's on-board tuner when playing with only my amp) and Get Preset Names functionality.

Sorry for the all the questions!

Hello again
Done the usual searches here and elsewhere but I can't find a specific answer: can I use a MIDI splitter-type hub between my RJM PBC and FM3 or do they have to be directly connected unit to unit?

I also have a rack unit (Lexicon PCM81) that I want to control as well as using the FM3 tuner (I use the PBC's on-board tuner when playing with only my amp) and Get Preset Names functionality.

Sorry for the all the questions!
Most MIDI Thru boxes do not pass bidirectional MIDI, so that can cause a problem if you're trying to have a single MIDI cable into the PBC. However, if you run the PBC MIDI output through a thru box, then on to the FM3, then run another cable from the FM3 output back to the PBC MIDI input, it will work.

Back