Question about creating presets

stringtheorist

Is it possible to create a preset from scratch whilst in IA Mode? I visualise experimenting with my rig's devices using the IA switches and then going to a menu to save the existing states of all devices as a new preset. I couldn't see this mentioned in the manual, so if I need to be in Preset Mode in order to create a new preset, how would I access device IAs that don't fit onto the current button page layout? Can I switch pages without leaving Preset Mode?

Presets are never really created - there are always 768 presets, and you can change what they do, what their name is, etc. You can select any preset in bank and preset mode and set IAs accordingly, and if you have Device PC +/- buttons on one page you can even set the PCs that are sent to each device for that preset. Switching button pages while doing this is fine.

In song and setlist mode, you can't really do it all from the normal operating mode. You need the editor or the setup menu on the GT to select which presets belong in each song.

Back