Question about GT22 for AxeFX3 and internal database

is9582

@rjmmusic

I read in the manual that we need to enter a few CC#s into the AF3, when preparing to use the four expression pedal jacks on the GT22. It said to set Ext.1 to CC#1, following through Ext.4 as CC#4. Question I have is two fold:
1. How do we know if we need to do this to control a specific item (e.g. setting a CC# for Ext.15, or Ext16) or if that is included in the database to send fake CC#s?
2. If I set Ext1 to control the Boost Switch in the amp, and since it is assigned to CC#1, would this also using CC#1 for port #1 on my expression pedal?

I’m guessing in Q2 the answer is likely yes, but I really don’t have a ton of MIDI knowledge. I’d appreciate input.

Cheers,

Lee

Only the Ext controls on the Axe-Fx need to be assigned "real" CCs. Everything else uses the Axe-Fx's sysex implementation behind the scenes, which we expose to the user as "fake" CCs.

And, yes, the CC number of the expression pedal has to match the CC number assigned on the Axe-Fx for an external control.

Only the Ext controls on the Axe-Fx need to be assigned "real" CCs. Everything else uses the Axe-Fx's sysex implementation behind the scenes, which we expose to the user as "fake" CCs.

And, yes, the CC number of the expression pedal has to match the CC number assigned on the Axe-Fx for an external control.
Thanks Ron. Somehow what I typed for the second question above, got borked (glad I have a new phone on the way lol). What I was trying to ask was whether there would be conflict using Ext1 to control something like the Boost switch in the amp, while also having the expression pedal 1 assigned to Ext1? It seemed that it would conflict, but since I had a lot of issues initially, I thought it wise to get a real answer.
Thanks again,
Lee

The result of that is that the expression pedal would control the boost switch, which may or may not be what you're looking for.

The result of that is that the expression pedal would control the boost switch, which may or may not be what you're looking for.
Thanks again Ron. Now I know exactly how to handle this. I’ll make exclusive use of Ext1-Ext4, to future proof myself. ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Back