Question about IA page actions

tandrewnichols

This might not be a bug, but if it's not, I can't say I understand the intended functionality. If you choose IA for a button, and in the actions section, add an action for "System / Page," the configuration has only one input: the page to go to. That page gets activated when the button is activated. What that means is that you have to press it twice in most cases, cause the first time, you're actually turning the button off, and since there is no "off" page in the configuration, it does nothing. You can make the button momentary to get around this, but it just seems weird. It seems like either a page action should not have on/off states and just always go to the page you configure OR it should have a separate input for off action (like CC actions do), so you can tell it to, for example, go to the same page as the on state, or maybe go to the previous page (which would be pretty handy actually).

It's working as intended. It didn't make sense to me for System / Page to have an off value, because as soon as you turn the button on, it'll switch to a different page and you won't necessarily even see that button anymore. You'll need a second button just to get back to the first button.

Setting the button to Momentary, with Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off, is how I always recommend setting up a an IA button with System / Page. Setting it to Momentary basically achieves what you mention above: "It seems like a page action should not have on/off states and just always go to the page you configure". When Momentary is enabled, the button doesn't maintain an on/off state, it just triggers when you press it.

Back