Question about making an IA button on my main page

Hey guys-

I bought an external switch to bank my PBC 6x, freeing up two buttons.

On the main page, I'm hoping to have an instant access button that just sends different midi commands to engage my timeline and big sky when pressed on the fly, and reverts back to a more standard setup when disengaged or another preset is pressed. Basically switching to a wet preset on the fly as an alternate. Keeps whatever loops & amp channel I have selected. Just changes wet effects.

On the buttons page, I've changed it to IA and added a PC action. What's weird is that PC or CC actions are over-riding the MIDI commands on all 4 of my presets themselves when I add one.

So if I program a PC number 7- im unsure how to assign that PC # to only engage on a press. So all of my presets no longer over ride that midi data. It's like it's being constantly sent or something, instead of only when I engage it.

Furthermore, I'd want the next preset to 'reset the state' of that button, since I'm establishing a new sound at that point.

I have a morningstar mc8 and have a pretty easy time programming what I'm talking about here. Just thought I could simplify my rig by doing it all on the RJM.

I also want to create a button that toggles the device the expression pedal effects. Is that possible and how would i go about that? Thanks!

Turn off Send on Preset Change (leaving Update on Preset Change turned on) on the new buttons and the problem should go away. The buttons will turn off automatically when you change presets, but will not actually send any messages unless you actually press the button.

Back