Question about Switching Amp Channels with the PCB6X

Mr.Minor84

Hi,

I recently got the PCB6X and I'm trying to program the channel switching for my amp which is a RedPlate Blackline, I have 2 Channels on my amp Clean and OD, but with the footswitch that comes with my amp I have 3 switches, 1 Mid Boost, 2 Lead( OD Channel), 3 Boost. I believe the PCB6X can only control 2 switches on an amp, so would I only have 2 options to switch on my amp? Also still very new to this but how do I go about programing any of my amps channels into the PCB?

Thanks

The first thing you're going to need is a adapter cable that adapts the TRS function switch output of the PBC to whatever the connector the amp has. How this cable is wired will determine which 2 functions you can control. Contact a custom cable builder like Best-tronics (.www.btpa.com) to get the cable made.

Once you get that, then you can move to the next step.

Ok great, luckily I have just the cable from RJM, I had it custom made for this very purpose only thing is i'm not sure how that cable is wired

Ok, then you should be able to plug the cable into the FN SW jack on the PBC, and the other end into the footswitch jack. Then press FUNCTION twice to get to the Switches page. Press the 1/FN 1 and 2/FN 2 buttons to turn on the function switches and see what they do on the amp.

When I press 1/FN 1 and 2/FN 2 buttons they do nothing and seem to have no effect on my amp. I do know the pin out for my amp which is
1. Ground
2. Mid Boost off
3. N/C
4.Lead Off
5. Boost Off

Which cable to do have, exactly? I don't remember ever making a cable for that amp.

So I'm actually getting much closer to wanted, I noticed in the Editor under the Audio tab I had the Insert Off. I should have stated before i'm using my amps FX Loop via the 4 cable method. Now that I turned the Insert On and Un Locked I am able to at least switch between my clean and OD channel on my amp in the FnSwitch under the Switches tab.

I'm pretty sure that RedPlate amps have a diagram of the footswitch connector printed on the back. If your has this, send me a pic and I can verify if you have the right cable. Most Dumble clones have the same footswitch, but some do not.

The cable would have to be modified a bit to get it to work correctly with your amp. If you send it in, we can fix it. Please email support @ rjmmusic.com if you'd like to set that up.

Ok sounds good I'll send it in, thanks so much for all of your help! Is there someone who's attention I should bring this too when I email support?

Back