Question on expected behavior of EXP Switch Pos and Swapping Exp Settings

vatore3rd

I am exploring the EXP Switch Pos to turn on a loop at a certain point in the expression pedal sweep. The basics work nicely. However, I am unclear as to the expected behavior of the current expression switch state when swapping expression pedal settings while the exp switch state is on.

Is the exp switch state supposed to carry over when changing exp settings? That is, will the switch actions of the newly activated exp setting fire if the pedal is above the switch position when it is activated?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The expression switch only triggers as you move the pedal, so no switch actions will run when changing expression pedal settings.

Ok, that's clear. But if I switch exp settings when the pedal is above the switch position, the switch does not turn on when I move the pedal further up. It only goes on if I rock the pedal down all the way below the switch position and then back above it. Is it possible to trigger the switch if I initially move the pedal up when it started above the switch position?

Currently, no, you would have to move it below the line then back up again. You have a good point, though, and it's worth looking into.

This would be very helpful especially in cases like mine where (a) the exp controls volume, and (b) the switch action trigger point is below midway in the sweep. Going all the way down and then back up to activate the switch causes a pretty noticeable volume swing live.

The ideal solution for me would be to have an option to make the switch actions activate (or deactivate) based on the current exp pedal position when a new setting is applied -- perhaps this could be done with a System ExpPedal action option similar to "Send" but for triggering a reevaluation of the switch position and actions. Second best solution would be for the switch action to activate with just a small wiggle up/down from current position (assuming current position is above switch "on" position.)

Back