Questions about PBC6x's Compatibility with Line 6 HX Effects

Hey there-

I have a timeline, big sky, h9, and was going to add the HX Effects. The plan was I was going to plug one expression pedal into the RJM and toggle what device it could be controlling.

In terms of tap tempo, controlling effects, and communication between the two devices, how easily would they work in concert? The thought is:

The PBC controls on the rails patches. Sends MIDI to the Big Sky, HX FX, and H9, trigger combinations of patches via midi along with loops.
The HX FX and it's screens allow on the fly effects to be available and added.

Or, could I use the HX FX to switch pages on my RJM, unlocking more functionality with its MIDI control. Basically, how well do these devices work, and are there major drawbacks I'm not accounting for or limitations?

Having the PBC do most of the MIDI control makes the most sense, and you can of course still use the buttons on the HX to turn individual effect blocks on and off.

The PBC does allow page selection via MIDI CC, so it's possible that you could have the HX control it, but I would need to understand what you were trying to accomplish in order to say whether it's a good idea or not. You would probably need a MIDI Thru box to split the MIDI output of the HX to go back to the PBC's MIDI input. And, you would need the right kind of MIDI Y cable to split the PBC's MIDI jack into an input and an output.

Back