Quick Button question ....

Tim

Can't find it on the forum ... if it's there, please redirect me.

I"m testing my new pedal board very thoroughly as I build (I'm near the end) and I've constructed a few "Button" pages to test my MIDI communication from my PBC for each device ...

On the "Presets" page, I've added button (#5) to redirect me to Page #10. On page #10, I've added 5 buttons (#1-#5, bottom row) ... one button per MIDI device (#1 Big Sky, #2 Time Line, #3 Mobius, #4 H9, #5 Y-Not). This works great for testing ... however, when I first transfer/save my changes to the PBC/Editor, all buttons functionally as I'd expect (a single push of a button to get me to the location I'm expecting ... But, when I make a second pass using the same button(s) (the ones I've constructed) it requires me to push each button twice ... This happens on every pass subsequent to the first pass of a button push.

I'm sure I'm missing a simple flag-setting procedure here ... and, I just wouldn't want to start a bad-habit that I can adjust now.

Thanks, I'm having a great time with the PBC ... simply amazing product!

You need to set them to momentary switching, otherwise you have conflict between the button function and the on/off state of the button (needing to press twice, once theoretically turning the button off and once more to turn it on again). Has happened to me and drove me crazy.

Just made the change and worked perfectly ... thanks lureb! I won't forget that one!

If there's time for anybody ... I've got 1 more button question. I've followed Ron's Time Line Looper video and replicated it on my board (I think I've followed the instructions to a "T"). With regard to my MIDI page mentioned above and Ron's Looper page, I've discovered that I cannot
"Dev PC-" until I've "Dev PC+" first. Meaning, I can't scroll downward through my Time Line (or any of my MIDIs (Strymon, Eventide) presets unless I scroll upward first. Any ideas on that one? Thanks wayyyyy in advance ... I really appreciate all the assistance I receive here.

Last edited:
Are you referring to what happens when you press Dev PC- when it's already on preset 0 (or 00A as the Timeline calls it)? If so, this is a known issue. At the moment, the PBC can't handle devices that have their presets arranged in banks of unequal sizes. This doesn't refer to the user-visible Timeline banks, but how the presets are recalled over MIDI. In MIDI, presets are arranged in banks of up to 128 presets. Most devices use uniform bank sizes, typically one or more banks of 100 or 128 presets. The Timeline has one bank of 128 presets and one bank of 72 presets. When you're on preset 00A and you press Dev PC-, the PBC tries to access bank 1, preset 127, which doesn't exist on the Timeline, so the Timeline doesn't respond. The PBC needs to be smart enough to realize that moving down from bank 0, preset 0 needs to go to bank 1, preset 71 on the Timeline.

I will try to squeeze in a fix into the 3.1 release that's coming soon, since multiple people are running into this problem.

Thanks ... great explanation and as always thanks for the rapid response, greatly appreciated!

Just ran a test on all the MIDI devices (Strymon, Eventide) ... I set them all to their first Preset (Strymons to 00A ... Eventide to 1), respectively. I then attempted to "Dev PC-" on your Time Line Looper (from your video) and also tried to "Dev PC-" on my MIDI test page and both functioned identical to what you've explained.

However, once I've "Dev PC+" on any of the devices, I'm able to "Dev PC-" through all of the presets, backwards ... even below 00A preset. Then, I manually reset all the devices to 00A and ran the tests once again ... at this point I was still able to "Dev PC-" on all devices. Meaning, once I've scrolled upwards from 00A, I could consistently scroll downwards. Just FYI ... and thanks again!

That's odd - what happens when you do Dev PC+, the Dev PC- below preset 00A? When preset do you end up on?

I'm about to test my solution - fingers crossed!

That's odd - what happens when you do Dev PC+, the Dev PC- below preset 00A? When preset do you end up on?

I'm about to test my solution - fingers crossed!
Ron, I've just removed the H9 and the Mobius for soldering the 1/4 inchers ... Let me give it a shot using the Big Sky and the Time Line. Get right back atcha ....

Last edited:
Ron, I've just remove the H9 and the Mobius for solder the 1/4 inchers ... Let me give it a shot using the Big Sky and the Time Line. Get right back atcha ....

Using your Looper/Time Line ... 1ST PASS: Time Line ... Preset at 99B MAXIMILIAN ... Dev PC + RESULT was wierd ... when pedal board was first powered-up, Dev PC + took me to 00A MELLOW DIGITAL, then Dev PC - went no where on the Time Line,... but, (I'm reading this off the PBC) started at 128 on the LCD on the PBC ... I continued to pres Dev PC - ... until I got to 72 (on the PBC) and 99B MAX appeared on the Time Line ... next press of the Dev PC - took me to 49A 6502 on the Time Line ... next press of Dev PC - took me to 48B REVSOLO ...

... there you have it. If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know.

Tim

Last edited:
Back