Rack Gizmo Switching - Dual Recto and Matchless Independence

Hi everyone ... Just a quick question about getting my two amps switching together. They sound monstrous together but just need to stop tap dancing for my switching.

I have purchased the Rack Gizmo with the RJM custom cable for the Dual Recto running out of the AMP 1 switch on the back of the Gizmo. My other amp is a Matchless Independence 35 head with reverb - this amp is currently not set up to switch. The amp is a 3 channel head which uses a 1/4inch stereo cable to run the channel change 2 button footswitch - no buttons pressed = channel 1, 1 button pressed = channel 2, and both buttons pressed = channel 3. The reverb is a separate mono footswitch.

Am I able to use the AMP 2 switch on the back of the gizmo to do this if I get a custom cable or will I need to use the loops?

With loops 5 though 8 being stereo does this mean I just need one stereo cable from the out of the loop to the footswitch in?

Or will I need to use 3 of the loops separately?

Re: Rack Gizmo Switching - Dual Recto and Matchless Independ

The Rectifier cable uses switches 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8. You can definitely use the amp 2 jack to control the other amp. A custom cable would probably be a better choice for the interface cable because you couldn't use the 4x1/4" cable without having some overlap - you'd have at least one button controlling both amps. It wouldn't cause any electrical problems, but could be annoying if you're using both amps at the same time. Switching channels on the Matchless would turn on either the loop or solo on the Rectifier.

With a cable made to use switches 5 and 7 to control the Matchless, you'll have independent control of both amps.

Sounds awesome!

Should I email you about getting a custom cable made?

Sure, that would be fine!

Back