Rack Gizmo, two Amps, one Multi-Effects Preamp & Processor

Martin

I use Rack Gizmo with 2 Amps and one Multi-Effects Preamp & Processor (see my wiring diagram). Loops 5 and 6 control which Amp is active (one of them or both). It works well. By loops 7 and 8 I would like to control Multi-Effect Processor for Amp1 or Amp2 (the Processor is alternatively used as a preamp and then connected into Amps effect loops). Unfortunately it works only for Amp1 (I am not able to get the effect signal into Amp2 effect loop). Could anyone help me what wrong is in my Wiring Diagram? Thanks

Attachments

• Wiring diagram.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 297
Re: Rack Gizmo, two Amps, one Multi-Effects Preamp & Process

JHi Martin

had a quick look, its getting late so will chack again tomorrow morning

I assume You want signal chain

Guitar> GSP or Marshall Premp or mesa preamp > GSP> Poweramps

In which case the sends from the GSP are currently being routed incorrectly, the GSP Sends should route to the amp guitar in not to fx return and likewise the output from the clickstop in should run to amp fx return not to guitar in

You are correct. My signal chain is Guitar> GSP or Marshall Premp or mesa preamp > GSP> Poweramps. If I use that without Rack Gizmo with only one Amp (Mesa) ther is no problem (please see attached picture). If I am now looking to the picture I see that I put wrong GSP legend on my Wiring Diagram (Send, Return, Output,....I heave to correct that) but connection is as on attached picture. My intend was to use Rack Gizmo as A+B or A or B Amp switcher (loop 5 and 6 in my Wiring Diagram) and it works. Loop 7 I wanted to use for switching between Mesa or Marshall Loop Send and Loop 8 for switching Mesa or Marshall Loop Return (It means my intend was Loop 7 and 8 OFF - Loop signal from Mesa is going through GSP, Loop 7 and 8 ON - Loop signal from Marshall is going through GSP). But it looks it is not so easy as I assume :lol: .

Attachments

• GSP + Amp.JPG
    GSP + Amp.JPG
    597.8 KB · Views: 2

OK Martin

the gsp loop send will allow you to use either the gsp as the preamp or the mesa or marshall preamp wire up as follows

GSP send to Loop 7 in, loop 7 send to mesa guitar in mesa return to loop 7 return loop 7 out to loop 8 in

Loop 8 send to marshall guitar in, marshall fx send to loop 8 return, loop 8 out to GSP Return

If your wanting to use both poweramps together then GSP OUt to Buffer in
Buffer out to loop 5 in, loop 5 send to mesa fx return

Tuner out to Loop 6 in
Loop6 out to marshall fx return

the abpove config should give you output to both poweramps.

Preamp selectable between GSP, Mesa and marshal as follows

GSP fx loop off - GSP Preamp
GSP Loop on , loop 7 enabled MEsa Preamp
GSP Loop on , loop 8 enabled Marshall Preamp

just make sure to gropu loop 7 and 8 so only one loop can be on at anytime

hope this helps
Regards
Ian

Ian

many thanks for your quick answer. I have updated my Wiring Diagram according to your recommendation (please see attachment - I only change your "mesa return to loop 7 return" to "mesa send to loop 7 return". I believe I corrected your probable mistake in right way :? ). So if I understanf correctly both power amps are always active and there is no possibility to switch between Mesa and Marshall power amp (it means one is muted), am I right? Is it possible to have also this obtion or there is not sufficient numbers of Rack Gizmo loops for that?
Many thanks again for your highly-valued information for me. I appreciate it very much.

Martin

Attachments

• Wiring diagram_new.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 211

Martin No problem your welcome
you can select either poweramp or both poweramps whatever you prefer

MIght be easier to control if you run the final connection to the amp fx returns from the loop sends on the gizmo rather than the outs
then

to have the mesa on switch on loop 5 to have the mashall switch on loop 6 to enable marshall and mesa poweramps switch on loop 5 and 6 together
regards
Ian

Ian,
thanx again. It sounds great. I will try it as soon as possible (I guess this weekend) and I will inform you about result.

Martin

No problem your welcome

Any issues just ask and I will try and help you out

Ian

Hi Ian,

today I tested your recommended connection and everything worked excellently. Exactly as I intend. All preamps I can control by loop 7 and 8 as you promised :lol: . It is great now. I only slightly changed return loops to amps (instead loop outs 5 and 6 from Rack Gizmo I used loop sends 5 and 6 and I took signal from out 5 to in 6 instead signal from Tuner out). Now I am able to use loops 5 and 6 for power amps control (loop 5 On + loop 6 On = both power amps sound simultaneously, loop 5 On + loop 6 Off = only Mesa sounds, loop 5 Off + loop 6 On = only Marshall sounds) - please see attached my final Wiring Diagram. I hope it is nothing against Rack Gizmo "connection rules". Honestly, I didn´t find any way how to do that by loops switcher using previous connection (you know I am not expert in Rack Gizmo :D ). Now it is as versatile as I like.
Ian, thank you again very much for your time and help. I appreciate it.

Martin

Attachments

• Wiring diagram-final.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 223

no problem martin

glad you got it all working the way you wanted
the wiring looks fine and your not doing anything the unit wasnt intended to do.
regards ian

Back