Random Song/Preset Jumping Weirdness

That's the best way that I can describe what this behavior is. Here's the situation: Some time ago I had an issue where, during a performance, the GT/22 would start jumping what all I can think of is a random number of songs forward in my AXE FX III when I would switch presets. The behavior would be I'm ending a song, hit my bank up button and the next song would start flashing and then I'd hit the patch that I'd want to start off the next tune. All good right? It would be except sometimes the preset would go from say 23 to 143 where there would be no song/preset. I'd have to run back to the axe and manually scroll it back to the proper song/preset. Then would come up the next song and maybe it would work or maybe it would jump from say song/preset 27 to 129 where again, no song/preset. I had to do an entire 90 minute set that way. I couldn't land on a generic patch because I hadn't set one up in case of this scenario. I've tried multiple things in the past to figure out where the corruption might be, is there some weird thing on my AXE that's causing it, etc all to no avail. It's settled down a bit but here's what typically happens now. Before a show I always do a get presets to make sure that the AXE and my GT/22 are in the same order. Once that completes I cycle both the AXE and the GT/22 and that seems to cure it. I've run entire shows for a night without a problem. Then comes the next night...nothing has changed on either the AXE or the GT/22...and the random Preset jumping is back but it's only for one patch. I cycle the GT/22 and then am able to complete the rest of the show no problem. It's not a specific preset/song; it's happened on any of them. I'm including the backup to see if that helps but I'm completely stumped. I'm loathe to have to move over to the AXE controller because the GT/22 is superior in every way but I can't continue to have this problem live. Any help or suggestions would be gratefully accepted!!

Attachments

• Backup 4-22-23.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Are you sure it's a random number of presets, or does it happen to be off by 128?

In any case, I suspect that turning off Poll State in the Devices tab may prevent it from happening.

Not exactly sure what the offset is, I hadn't paid that close of attention as it was happening to me live lol. I'll make the adjustments that you suggest. What about turning off bank support too? I don't need more than 128 songs/presets.

Not exactly sure what the offset is, I hadn't paid that close of attention as it was happening to me live lol. I'll make the adjustments that you suggest. What about turning off bank support too? I don't need more than 128 songs/presets.
It might help, it might not. Hard to say. I recently fixed a similar problem (or thought I did), and turning off bank support didn't help.

I'm on the latest now but it was happening on 4.9.1. I haven't had a chance to test it with the latest firmware or the changes suggested yet.

Back