RCM 3 wah volume drop.

Nathan

Greetings all, I have searched around and not found an answer to this but if it has been addressed many times my apologies and any links to threads dealing with it would be appreciated.

I have the RCM in the first loop and when I engage the first loop (the wah) with no other loops engaged there is no change in volume between the clean signal through the PBC with no loops engaged and loop 1 engaged. In other words it works as expected with no other pedals on and doesn't affect the volume of the clean signal to the amp.

But when I engage loop 5 where I have a TS9 there is volume drop of about, I don't know, 25% with loop 1 also engaged. There is no corresponding drop in volume with loop 5 (the tube screamer) when I use it in conjunction with any of the other loops.

I have all the buffers on. I've tried turning off the first buffer but that didn't solve the problem. I'm running straight into the front of an old Vibrolux Reverb.

Any ideas or solutions?
Thanks in advance and I love the PBC. I've been using it for close to two years now and I've been just lazy in getting around to solving this problem.

That's definitely an impedance mismatch. Either one of your cables are not quite right, or there's just an incompatibility between pedals. Check the cables connected to the RMC output and TS9 input. Here's some information on cables, especially useful if you're building your own:

https://rjmmusic.freshdesk.com/supp...losing-signal-level-and-i-made-my-own-cables-

If that doesn't appear to be the case, try moving the RMC to be in front of the PBC's input instead of in a loop. See if that changes anything. By moving the RMC there, it puts the first buffer in between the RMC and TS9, which should fix any impedance problems between them.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I will check it out tonight and reply to this thread when I've messed around with the cables and possibly RMC position.

It was the input to the TS9 cable.

Thanks for the help and the cable link. I've been doing my own cables forever and didn't know about the conductive layer touching the center signal conductor causing problems. I've always avoided it just to keep things clean but the faulty cable had one end where it was close enough and had melted a little and was making contact.

Thanks again.

Back