Reading MIDI Input from the PBC6X

ColWilkie

For my new Meris pedal, I'll likely purchase the Midi I/O box. I'm just wondering if it's possible to connect the PBC6X to my iMac, and read/write the presets and store locally (there is an Editor and Librarian software I intend to use).

This would perhaps save purchasing an additional device to convert from Midi to USB.

Thanks!

I haven't tried Meris pedals, but their MIDI box does seem to have bidirectional capability when used with their pedals. If you get a MIDI Y cable, connect it from the PBC's MIDI output to the MIDI box's MIDI input and output, then turn on MIDI Forward in the PBC's MIDI settings, you should be able to use it as a MIDI interface with the pedals. It works with Strymon pedals for sure, hopefully Meris will work the same way.

The cable can be found here:
https://btpa.com/GMIDIY1-II.html?category_id=1259

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of hoping I could just send the messages when connected with USB through the RJM to the Meris and vice versa. Guess that’s not possible? Still finding my way around this midi stuff!

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of hoping I could just send the messages when connected with USB through the RJM to the Meris and vice versa. Guess that’s not possible? Still finding my way around this midi stuff!

There must be a misunderstanding somewhere. What I described will allow you to do exactly that.

There must be a misunderstanding somewhere. What I described will allow you to do exactly that.
Sorry, I did indeed misunderstand. I was thinking I could just use the single midi cable to connect, but of course I wouldn't have the return signal back to the device. While the Midi I/O is bi-directional, that applies for the TRS connection to the pedal, not the standard midi cable port. The Y cable makes sense now, thanks!

Back