redoing it all, scenes and snapshots?

toasterdude

Hey, I have been out of the loop here but hopefully today and tomorrow will upgrade to latest FW and may start from scratch with how I am using the MMGT. I need to add a Helix to the mix and will need to order XLR midi cable and phantom power from RJM soon.

I want to use the GT to do sort of "master" scenes. I want the GT to recall combined "sub presets" which are just combination of helix snapshots with axe fx scenes. That way I can have 5 preset buttons, bank up and down and 15 "sub presets". Hit a button and axe can go to scene 1 while helix snapshot 4, another button axe goes to scene 5 and helix snapshot 8 etc. In reality there will be two axes but likely both will change to same scene number.

This should eliminate having to worry about the GT reflecting the state of axe scenes? Since it is sort of an internal sub preset? If I label a preset clean phaser, I don't care which snapshots or scenes are active on axe or helix, just that it will sound like a clean phaser.

I want to use GT to control those sub presets and will use Helix control for any IA stuff on Helix, Axe, two pod HD Pros and any pedals in the rack. Sadly the PODS only toggle ccs so I can't add any of the POD stuff to the "sub presets" on the GT. That would have rocked.

I also will often feed output from Maschine to MMGT for both midi clock and midi commands for PC and CC. Currently I am doing this and it is somewhat complicated as if I send commands to the axe to change scenes, the GT doesn't reflect the state. I was going to dig into this but hopefully changing to having Machine just call up presets and IAs on GT it will simplify this?

If I put the 15 sub preset buttons in a group, can I send a CC to simulate hitting that button on the GT itself? That would light up the button to reflect which sub preset is active?

I can then also have Maschine send CCs to activate FS on the Helix control. That should also reflect the current FS that are activated. Hopefully I can do all IA stuff using Helix as a sort fo controller for the PODS and other pedals.

Does this scenario make sense? Do I have to do anything special on GT so that it reacts and reflects and CC commands from Maschine? I am assuming there are CCs for each foot switch on GT?

Thanks in advance for any insight. I will start another thread on some issues I am having with the current set up.

Because there are potentially more GT buttons than there are available CC numbers, there isn't a static mapping of button to CC number.

What you need to use is CC Link - turn this on for a button, and put a CC Toggle action as the first action in the button's list. If that CC number is sent to the GT, it will control that button. Be sure to also set MIDI Receive Channel to something other than None - this is the channel the GT will listen on.

Because there are potentially more GT buttons than there are available CC numbers, there isn't a static mapping of button to CC number.

What you need to use is CC Link - turn this on for a button, and put a CC Toggle action as the first action in the button's list. If that CC number is sent to the GT, it will control that button. Be sure to also set MIDI Receive Channel to something other than None - this is the channel the GT will listen on.

After dinner, I will start messing with this. Thanks!

Back