Redundant PC messages between presets

tired_engineer

I've discovered that the GT seems to lack the one key feature of the Ground Control Pro I was using, unless I'm missing it...

With the GCP, when switching between two presets that contain the same PC message to a device, this message is filtered off and not sent to the device. In the case of a digital reverb, this prevents the trails from being cut off. Or in the case of the POD HD Pro that I use for amp modeling, prevents the audio from dropping for an instant as the program reloads.

With the GT, one can set a device to not respond to PCs in the device config but that's not a good thing in all cases. I want my reverb and my POD to respond to PC changes, but not redundant messages, thus keeping my reverb trails intact and avoiding the audio glitch as I switch between presets.

Unless I'm missing a setting somewhere else, is there a possibility this could be implemented in a future update? It's pretty crucial for me. I know certain devices, like the Axe-FX can be set to ignore redundant messages but my gear can't do that.

Thanks.

I will add a setting for this, and have it configurable independently for each device. It's easy enough that it should make it into the 1.1 release.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, this takes a little explaining, but in a similar vein ...

I have a Modfactor in a loop on my Effects Gizmo. I can obviously set up an IA button to turn on the relevant Gizmo loop and select a particular program on the Modfactor. But if I want to set up two (or more) different IA Modfactor programs I hit a snag because all IA buttons that turn on the Modfactor Gizmo loop act as copies of all the others. So eg. if I wanted one IA to load up a leslie, and another IA to load up a flanger, both of these IA's switch on together, whichever IA pressed being the one that takes precedence in terms of the Modfactor program loaded; and if I then press the other IA the GT treats it as a copy of the first IA and so simply assumes I'm turning the Modfactor Gizmo loop off rather than loading the other program.

I can get round this using GT presets, but obviously a preset will change everything, not just the Modfactor related stuff (so I can't just toggle eg. a Modfactor flange on & off, and a Modfactor leslie on & off, etc unless the Modfactor is in the signal path not in a loop switcher). So could it be possible to designate whether IA's controlling the same device CC always have to act as copies of each other (duplicating the on/off action) ...?

Hope that makes sense ...!

PS. I should also say that the 'asks' us early users are coming up with do feel to me like we're asking for the moon - the GT is already a truly awesome piece of kit with or without some of these refinements. Easily the best controller I've owned. Period. :D

I think I'm having a similar issue while trying to configure the looping functions on my POD. Play and overdub use the same CC. On my last controller, I had one IA configured as normal to initiate recording and one configured as momentary for overdubbing but I'm having trouble getting the same button configuration to work on the GT and it might be for a similar reason. I'm still banging away at this portion of my configuration.

Something to do with multiple IAs calling the same CC perhaps. Which sounds like the problem you're having with the IAs for the factor pedal.

I've discovered a possible bug in my attempts to configure the looper on the POD HD. I got it working as expected only after I set "Send on Preset" to ON for each IA. I had them set to off because it's not something I need to include in a preset configuration and indeed, you can change presets on the POD while looping so I wouldn't want a GT preset to reset my looper IA states anyway.

So that led me to discover that IAs won't work unless the the Send on Preset parameter is set to ON. Set that to off and the GT won't even send the message as indicated by downstream equipment not showing MIDI active indications.

Didn't want to spam up the forum with another thread as I'm not sure what vehicle you want to use for possible bug reports.

The good news is that my looping works.

Are you saying that the IAs won't send messages when you press them? Maybe the best thing to do is to send me a backup of your settings - I'll need to look into that....

Yes, when you change the IA's setting for "Send on Preset" to "off" it will stop sending it's messages. I've loaded the settings file to my dropbox below. I'll email it to you as well referencing this thread.

In the settings, I've set the "Send on Preset" to "off" for the Bass Comp and M5 Stomp IAs on the first page to illustrate the problem. These are configured to talk to different devices. The rest of the IAs are configured with "Send on Preset" to "on" and work as expected.

http://db.tt/r5hqLMZB

Back