Replacement Switches - Older PBC/6X

Offaxis

I just purchased a used PBC/6X. I'd like to go ahead and replace the switches. A couple seem to behave slightly different than others (some need to be pushed all the way down and others don't). I wasn't 100% sure on the accessories page on the store which ones to get. I grabbed a pic of the inside (was hoping they were the easy replace ones). Thanks!

inside RJM 2.jpg

Instead of "pushed all the way down", is it actually that some buttons activate when pressed, and some activate when released? That's to be expected if you have some buttons that have a hold function on them. The system needs to know whether you're holding the button or just pressing it, so it needs to wait for you to release the button before it can figure out what your intention is.

If you still need switches, the switches we sell on the website will work with any PBC/6X. However, on an older one like yours, you'll need to desolder the wires from the circuit board, then remove the switches. (Or cut the wires, remove the switches, and desolder the wires from the circuit board.) Then, cut the connector off the new switches, strip the ends of the wires and solder them to the circuit board.

Thanks for fast reply! I think I'll want some new switches, even just for peace of mind. Good to know any will work.

I am familiar with the press vs hold behavior. I don't use holds for that very reason based on experiences with a previous device. On every page, buttons 3, 4 and 5 specifically activate on full press down and 1, 2, and 6 activate part way down the press. I noticed kind of inconsistent actions on the 3,4,5 stomping on it, so then started testing with my fingers. Interestingly, if I go real slow on the press, I can even get 6 to activate preset 6, then the global preset on the same press.

Back