Revised road map

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
With 1.3 done and the GT/10 in production, I can finally look ahead to what's next. I've readjusted the schedule once again, and now here's the current plan:

1.4: the major feature will be MIDI clock support, plus a few other minor additions. Global preset is a likely choice, and I'll probably add a few more devices. MIDI clock is a pretty tricky feature, so I want to give it its own release so it'll be easier to test it.

2.0: This is where I'll do substantial changes to the way settings are stored. This will allow for some cool stuff like page-per-preset and accessing different functions when a button is held.

Hopefully, 1.4 should only take a few weeks. Wish me luck!

Good news. Is global preset similar to on the MFC where if you hold down a prest button or click it a second time it goes to a global preset? On the MFC they have a setting for bak, that takes you to the last preset you were on. I loved that feature!

Can't wait to mess with midi clock, and really can't wait for page per preset!!!

This is from Ron
Yes, that's a good one. Other controllers call it a global preset. I think there should be a few choices for what happens when you press a preset button a second time:

Stay on preset (the current behavior)
Go to Previous preset
Go to Global preset

Rain said:
This is from Ron
Yes, that's a good one. Other controllers call it a global preset. I think there should be a few choices for what happens when you press a preset button a second time:

Stay on preset (the current behavior)
Go to Previous preset
Go to Global preset

Killer!!! I use that all the time on MFC. I may take my MFC to Brasil. They sell for about 2 grand down there. I can sell mine for 1500 easy I think.

I hear ya... We do around 150 shows a year and half
are outside. I'm using my MFC for the outside shows(Sand, High Heat, Humidity)
I don't want to mess up the MMGT.. but eventually I'll sell
The MFC
:D

I'm not a pro, and bought the MMGT just to have control of multiple devices in one place, even if it meant a lot of tap-dancing. As # of devices has climbed I've SURE learned why others don't like tap-dancing.

If page-per-preset means being able to easily copy control buttons for a few devices onto one page displayed by a preset, fantastic.

In the meantime (as well as?) would it be possible to have a behavior option in the red Page change button such that when stomped, instead of simply stepping to the next page in rotation MMGT displayed page numbers on all buttons, and selection of any page number displayed that page? With two taps, a player could move from page 2 to page 7, for example.

EDIT: Don't want to push any luck I might have, but being able to NAME the pages and have the names of all pages appear when the red Page button is tapped once so that one could be selected... wow.

Thanks Ron.

Ron - if you're thinking about functionality for version 2.0, here's a cheeky ask ...

Being able to control two devices on each expression pedal is great.

Three would be even greater ...!

Any possibility that that could be done ...?

I like the page menu idea. I will seriously consider that one.

2 devices per expression pedal was added in firmware 1.3!

rjmmusic said:
I like the page menu idea. I will seriously consider that one.

Coolness! if you could add a button type for direct access, that would rock as well. Hit that button and then typye 243 with your feet and go directly to preset 243 even if you are now on preset 007.

rjmmusic said:

Hi Ron - yes I know. And 2 is most certainly great. But ...

My 'cheeky ask' was for THREE devices per expression pedal. Greedy, I know, but as I have three expression-pedalable (is that a word ...?) devices it'd be even greater if I could have a pedal setting that controlled all 3 simultaneously in some situations.

Just being greedy, t'is all ...!

+1 to toasterdude's direct access, great idea.

Ron must be very pleased that we're here with our suggestions to help fill in his spare time. Sheri too.

3 devices per pedal! Lemme think about that.

I actually do like the suggestions. I want the GT to be the best controller possible, and making sure that we cover the users' needs is key!

Back