RG-16 and 4 stereo FX

sweetpete

Does anyone have a diagram or have the patience to explain hooking up 4 stereo FX units to a RG-16? Page 8 of the owner's manual says the 8 mono loops can be configured as 4 stereo loops. The one thing that's throwing me for a loop (pardon the pun) is getting stereo output from the Output jack (between jacks Return 5 and Send 5/NC) into the In 5 jack, both of which I believe are mono (unlike the Input jack, which is mono/stereo). I understand how to hook up the 4 stereo FX units in their respective loops. Thanks!

Page 8 says you can switch loops on in pairs, but what it doesn't say is that you can't really use loops 1-4 for stereo, I'm sorry to say.

But, because loops 5-8 have independent inputs and outputs, you can use them for stereo. Loop 5 would connect to the left send and return of effect #1, loop 6 would connect to the right send and return of effect #1. Loop 7 would connect to the left send and return of effect #2, loop 8 would connect to the right send and return of effect #2. But, that's as much stereo as you're going to get out of an RG-16.

Back