RG-16 Can I switch between two preamps before the poweramp?

matte23

In what way can I switch between two preamps with the RG16 before enter (mono) in the power amp??
Thanks
Matte

Re: RG-16 Can I switch between two preamps before the powera

Sure, you can connect a preamp (or many preamps) as if they were distortion pedals: loop send to preamp input, loop return to preamp output. Then the last output of the RG-16 goes to the power amp input.

You just want to make sure that only one preamp is on at a time - you can use the grouping feature to group the buttons together so that only one can be turned on at a time.

Just put the two preamps in loops (eg loops 5 and 6) and switch whichever loop you want on. You could enter setup mode and link the loops so that only one or the other is switched on if you wanted, but that's an extra step once you've got it working.

Thanks guys for the quick answer..but I've no understand what is the "grouping feature".
And thanks for the fantastic RJM products!!
Matte

The grouping feature is a setting on the RG-16 where you can group two or more loops together, so that if you turn one loop on, the others in the group turn off. Normally, it's used on the function switches for selecting channels on the amp (because you usually don't want to try to turn on more than one channel at a time), but it also works for audio loops. In your case, using the grouping feature will insure that you have exactly one preamp on at all times, no more and no less.

Martin: Beat you! I had a time advantage, though. My electrons had less distance to travel. :)

Back