RG-16/GCP/Roadster Question

cheath

Hi,

I just bought an RG-16 to use with a Mesa Roadster. I have all of the loops set up and have set up the Ground Control Pro with it. The problem is that when I connected the amp cable (RRN-10), the instructions said to hold down function switch 4 during power up. The Ground Control Setup video said to hold down Audio Loop 1, then activate Function Switch 5. When I boot up the RG-16 with Audio Loop 1 pressed, then press FS 5 the amp switching doesn't work. If I hold down FS 4 then the GCX doesn't work...

Can anyone walk me through this? I would most certainly appreciate it!

-Charlie

Do the Function Switch 4 thing first, then power down, hold Audio Loop 1 on power up, release after the lights flash, then make sure that Function Switch 5 is lit and no other Function Switches are lit. (Press the buttons to correct if necessary). Press the Write button to save. That should get it working for you - if it doesn't let us know!

That didn't do it - I can change the amp channels manually on the RG-16, but it won't let me write them per GCP preset. White end of the cable runs into the end of the amp, yellow end to the RG-16 AMP 1. Hosa 7-pin MIDI cable from the GCP to the RG-16. All loops work correctly, it's just assigning an amp channel to the individual presets.

Okay, I just realized that I have an error in the steps above. Repeat the above steps, but this time make sure that Function Switches 3 AND 5 are the ones lit.

Also, make sure that the GCPro is sending program changes on MIDI channel 1. (This is the factory default).

I went to redo and when I powered up with FS 4, FS 3 light came on with it, no blinking...Is there a way to do a reset?

Ron,

Thanks again for all of your help - you guys are the best! Your attention to detail and dedication to your customers can't be beat!

Charlie

Everything working now? I just saw that you had one more question from quite a while ago that we didn't answer.

Everything is great - I have a question, though....

I'm running Ground Control Pro -> Rack Gizmo -> Mini Effect Gizmo.
10 Presets per bank
When I try to set the Mini Effect Gizmo loops for preset 00, the loops activate I activate 01 on the GCP - any ideas?
All of the other loops work fine, just setting loops for 00 (and I assume 10, 20, etc.)

Nevermind - I figured it out. This setup is awesome! You guys are the greatest - after 25 years of trying to synchronize pedal jumping, I can now use one button for any combination of 13 pedals and eight amp settings!

Back