RG-16- Ground Loop Beginner - Again

hi, so after reading this post:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=72

i realised that the nasty hum sound coming through the high gain channels of my roadking might actually be ground loop issues.
I tired by-passing the buffer - no joy
so armed with a screw driver and some pluck, i opened the rg-16 and flicked the switch.
Wired everything back up, and the hum is still there even with the gtr volume at zero.

Any suggestions?

My rack/rig is:
furman conditioner
rg-16
5 love pedal boxes in the first 5 loops powered by the t-rex fuel tank
g-system
mesa roadking series 1

with the pathway being
Gtr - Vol pedal - Wah - Front of gsystem - time based effects in the loop of my amp, other output into rg-16 -loops then out into the front of the amp

thanks

ok just tried routing through the rg-16 first and then into the g-system
exactly the same problem

should i be using the buffer?

Start disconnecting! It may be best to start very simple: guitar -> RG-16 -> amp, see if that gives you any hum. Then, add the pedals one at a time, then add the G-System. The point at which hum starts is where we need to focus.

thanks for that i'll give it a go and post how i go

lol you must be going nuts with amateur rack builders like me and the mystery of ground loop

have you hooked up the g-system with the 4-cable method?
so plugging guitar into g-system, next to RG-16, from there to the amp, from the amps fx-send back to g-system and back to the amps return jack?

and this is where all the trouble starts! i´ve heard a lot about grounding issues using the g-system in the 4 cable method with one or two amps.
even tried it my self and got ground loops, this was the reason for me to not buy the g-system.

as ron wrote, disconnect everything and reconnect it step by step until you get hum.

The 4-cable method is definitely something that can cause a ground loop, but making a ground lifted cable or two will solve the problem. (I'm not sure whether or not it's applicable to this situation, though)

Back