RG-16 noob

KentV

Hi there

I´v just bought a new rg-16 (new old stock) and will use it with my mesa roadster top - tc. electronics g-major 2 (in amp-loop) and some pedals (both before preamp and in the loop). I want to control the whole rig with my behringer fcb1010.
I have bought all the requested cables (mesa rrn) etc.
I have googled and looked but there seems to be only me in the whole world that use this specific setup!!?
My first question is: Shall I upgrade my FCB1010 with the eureka chip? or can i use the original pedal without too much hassle? or should I go for the uno-chip modd?
second question is: should the fcb1010 control the rg-16---->g-major2 or would it be best to let the midi board control the g-major----->rg-16
Im sure these are stupid questions but I'm just in the beginning to these things so any help would be very much welcomed.
I guess many more questions will arise as i proceed with this project. Feel free to give me some advice and suggestions if you have any.

Thanks KentV
Ps. im swedish so sorry for any badly written english :/

hi kentV,

your are not the only one on the planet who uses this setup.
i recommend to upgrade to the UnO chip for 15.- euros, this thing is great and you can use the upper row as stompboxes, to turn on/off your pedals on the fly.
if you want to have more access, go and grab yourself a rocktron all access - that´s the controller i´m using now.
have had the UnO FCB for about 3 years, but i wanted to be able to control more as 5 loops/functions.

for midi-hookup i would go from the FCB to the RG-16 to the G-Major
if you do the phantom-power mod to the FCB, you don´t need the power-cable anymore for the FCB and the controller stops rumbling all the time.

just to give you an impression how my A-Rig looks like:

big%20rack.jpg

Power suply problems?
After a couple of weeks building my rig. I today tried it out for the first time.
And unfortunatly it didnt work. My roadster wont switch channels. And some loops doesnt light up when chosen.
Could it be the power suply? I use an t.rex fuel tank chameleon to power it.
I'v checked a 100 times and everything is correctly wired.

Chameleon only puts out 300mA from each outlet. I think the RG-16 requires 550mA or thereabouts. So yeah, it'd make sense that only some of the functions work. You could power it from 2 of the 12V DC outlets with a Y-cable.

Thanks Martin! good news. I was afraid there was something wrong with the unit or the cable. new power supply is a piece of cake.
I had some problem with my digitech whammy, the chameleon couldn´t supply enough. So it was my first guess.
I´ll try this tomorrow. thanks again.

Back