Rg-16 two Effects Gizmo's and two Ground Control Pro's

Pablo

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the world of midi switching, I have been looking into racking my pedal board and controlling it with midi but I only want a few patches with a lot of Instant access buttons as I like adding other effects in on the fly.

.......the end goal is to have one RG-16 and one effects Gizmo with two Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro's so there are banks of 4 patches and 20 instant access switches so I can control effects, the amps and the inputs to amps with both presets and on the fly. The only thing I haven't figured out is a few mono effects going to two amp fx loops...but I'll deal with that later.

I just checked out the vid of a separate GCP configured solely for 12 IA loops and it got me thinking

(This might be total over kill but it's a question that's bugging me just to let me decide which route is scalable)
If you built a system with two amps, two cabs, one RG-16 and two Effects Gizmo's and two ground control pro's...if you have the second GCP and that is set to IA mode will bank A switch Effects Gizmo A and bank B switch Effects Gizmo B? Meanwhile GCP 1 does the presets for all three RJM devices and also covers the 8 Instant access switches for the loops on the RG-16 ? can that work ?

After seeing the Petrucci Axess rig demo midi switching is just something I have been lusting after. (I'd bought an old midi octopus and an old Roland FC200 foot switch years ago for controlling an ADA MP-1 and Mesa V Twin preamp).

Apologies for the following as this is me partially trying to work this out in my head
I want to build up to the RG-16 and effects gizmo but I'm not sure which makes more sense initially buying the RG-16 or the Effects Gizmo and using one of them with what I have then replacing the FC200 and Rockman with the GCP and RG-16 then one day getting a second GCP to have enough switches to control the world. ;-)

Option 1 buy the RG-16 and ditch the Rockman
Can switch both my Cornford MK50II and Dual rectifier
Two of the 8 loops can be configured to switch inputs of the amps which leaves switching for 6 effects. this is enough to start with.
I have 14 pedals that I'd like to rack and use eventually but 'bare bones' is 6 other things like my decimator, NS-2 and delay are always on so they can go after the output.

Option 2 buy Effects Gizmo first and run it with my Rockman.
I think the Rockman will be able to switch both the Cornford and Mesa with a bit of jiggery pokery. The Cornford would need a break out box for the foot switch jack to 1/4 jacks and the mesa has jacks as well as it's dedicated footswitch port. I can load up on Effects to my hearts desire well 10 anyway assuming using 2 for 'amp switching'

I think I'm leaning to the RG-16 first due to having to try and make some break out boxes for amps footswitch connections if I used the Effects Gizmo with the Midi Octopus, the RG16 would solve all that in one fell swoop, but it would be interesting to hear what others would do.

Sorry for the almost mindless ramble but my head has been spinning with midi possibilities for the last few days this was almost like therapy :-D

Cheers
P

I didn't know about this new all-IA mode on the Ground Control - I'll have to look into it before I come up with a good answer...

In general, the RG-16 acts like two GCXs and the Effect Gizmo acts like one and a half GCX. If you can get a pair of Ground Controls to control six GCXs, then chances are your rig will work fine.

Attachments

• PBC.rjs
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back