RG16/Mastermind Randomly Switching Patches *HELP PLEASE*

Hi there, I'm currently on tour in Europe and have been experiencing a problem I have never encountered before. My RG16/Mastermind is changing patches periodically and at random. The problem occurred twice during a 75 minute set last night, and three times during a five minute song at sound check today. The Mastermind display doesn't show that a patch has changed. I have to hit a different patch and then hit the original one I was on to return to the desired patch.

I've changed out the midi cable running from the RG16 to the Mastermind which didn't fix it. I also just finished dumping all my Mastermind settings to my back up Mastermind. Haven't had a chance to play with the new Mastermind for more than 10 minutes or so, but didn't experience random patch changes with the new mastermind (yet.) I am doubting that is the issue.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this or have any idea what the problem might be? Like I said, this is a very intermittent issue and completely unpredictable (making it much more frustrating.)

My amp is a Peavey 6505+ run into a Mesa Boogie recto cab. I'm powering my RG16 and 5 pedals with an MXR MC 403 power supply. I am not using the buffer. Below is a list of everything running into the RG16.

Loop 1: Buffer
Loop 2: Ibanez TS9
Loop 3: Boss NS2
Loop 4: Nothing
Loop 5: Boss RV5
Loop 6: Boss DD7
Loop 7: G-Major 2 Effects Processor
Loop 8: Ibanez LF7
(Loops 5-8 are in the effects loop of my amp.)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

JB
JBBrubaker@gmail.com

Re: RG16/Mastermind Randomly Switching Patches *HELP PLEASE

Quick update here: Just got done playing. My patches switched randomly two different times during the set. The loops on the RG16 are visually changing when I look at the indicator lights on the unit. Also, on one of the random patch changes the display on the mastermind changed as well, which is the first time I've noticed that happening. Usually when the patch randomly changes the display on he mastermind remains the same. I also should mention that every time the patch randomly changes it selects a patch on the clean channel of my amp.

Any help is appreciated. I am completely clueless as to why this is happening.

Back