RJM Editor for Apple M Series

LukeTheMore

Hi all !

I just want to know if a "native version" of RJM Editor for Apple "M series" is planned or not ...

Thanks !

Hi all !

I just want to know if a "native version" of RJM Editor for Apple "M series" is planned or not ...

Thanks !
I can't do it without breaking compatibility with older Macs, not even with a universal binary. And maintaining two separate Mac releases is not something I'd like to have to deal with, especially since there doesn't seem to be a lot of benefit to having a native version.

That said, I'll certainly be required to do it at some point, but honestly I'll try to put it off as long as I can so I don't abandon users with older Macs any earlier than I have to.

Thanks for your answer !

I'm a programmer but I never developed on the "Mac side" ...

I don't know which languages / framework you used to made the editor ... can you tell me more about it ?

I used Qt, which is the best solution I've found for writing one app that can be compiled for both Windows and Mac. Also, it's C++ based which is important because it includes some of the Mastermind source code, which is also C++.

Perhaps a silly question... what would be the advantage of a native Apple Silicon version?
This is what I pondered. Seems to work fine currently and it's not like it needs blazing high performance to edit patches or send serial data over a USB 2 interface. I'll take long term compatibility over performance for this kinda software. Then I can take a 10 year old "worthless" Mac on the road if required for editing, rather than my £4k studio one I don't want to leave the house!

This is what I pondered. Seems to work fine currently and it's not like it needs blazing high performance to edit patches or send serial data over a USB 2 interface. I'll take long term compatibility over performance for this kinda software. Then I can take a 10 year old "worthless" Mac on the road if required for editing, rather than my £4k studio one I don't want to leave the house!
Agreed. I wouldn't even notice faster data transfer. For me, the key is stability and functionality, which the editor has in great abundance.

Back